Carnival Legend Christmas Cruise

tarbashchaputi

We returned from our Christmas Cruise aboard this Ship a few hours ago. It was an absolutely amazing trip, and and all the negativity surrounding this ship is unfounded (IMHO).

Briefly:

Boarding Process:

Seemless and flawless. We arrived to the Port at 1330 hours (a busy time) and were onboard in less than 45 minutes. They really have it together at Port Everglades.

Ship:

Outstanding, clean, well decorated (I like the Urns). There had been complaints about condition of the carpets onboard. I did not notice this in the areas that we frequented.

Food:

The buffet is about as good as could be expected. We used it daily for breakfast and lunch. The food and service in the dining room was outstanding. I'd venture to say that the food was the best I have had on a cruise in a main dining room. The service was attentive, and very friendly. Our waitstaff went out of the way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. The Golden Fleece is absolutely outstanding and is a must try for anyone who cruises the Legend. My only complaint is the amount of food they give you (way to much, and I'm an eater!).

Cabin and Service:

We were on the Verandah Deck in a balcony cabin. Cabin was of standard size, was very clean and maintained well throughout the cruise. Cabin Stewards were outstanding.

Ports:

Panama is a dump. It is worth it to see the Canal, but that is it IMHO. I'll never get over the image of Garbage Piles ... EVER.

Costa Rica was great. We did the boat, train, and bus adventure. Very well laid out tour and worth the money. Great for kids also.

Belize was also great. We did the Ruin and River Wallace tour. Again, very enjoyable.

Debarkation"

Easy and I don't have any complaints about this either. We were off the ship and had cleared customs by 930.

Weather:

The best ever on a cruise. Can't get any better than we had.

Overall impression:

Great vacation, great cruise. The layout of this ship is the best I have ever encountered.

How was the parking and port organized, easy to navigate? Have never sailed from Port Everglades before.

We drove a rental from Orlando and took it to the airport. From there they drove us to the terminal. It seemed easy to navigate as they had signs everywhere. Additionally, there is a parking structure right next to where the ship docked.

I was also on this sailing and this was my first time leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. The embrakation and debrakation process was quick and smooth. We got to the port at 1.00pm and we were in our room by 1.30pm. We were off the ship by 10.00am. We drove our car from miami and parked in the parking garage which was right next to the terminal.The ship was beautifully decorated in the christmas decor. This was a fun filled 8 day experience.

We did the Southern Carribean the week before the Christmas cruise and had a fantastic time. Parking is easy as is getting to the port (drove down from Atlanta) just follow 595 and then follow the signs. They'll tell you which dock at the gate. Parking is easy as well and seemed central to the docks, we left on 19 and returned on 23 with no problem at all although I could have taken the luggae to the truck from 19 where I had to swing around and pick the wife up on 23. All in all the port was great, I like enough to use it again even though it's another 4+ drive time over Tampa for me.

I was on the same cruise. We enjoyed it as well.

Parking was easy once we found Port Everglades. I made the mistake of putting 10th Ave., Ft. Lauderdale (address given on the Carnival website) into my car's navigation system. The navigation system got me to 10th Ave. Ft. Lauderdale, which was downtown. No where near the water! If I had used the city of Hollywood instead, I wouldn't have had to "run" for the ship.

I know Port Everglades overlaps Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood, but the entrance where we entered the Port was in Hollywood.

Print out directions and get there early. I would rather enjoy drinks on the deck waiting for the ship to sail than driving around worrying whether if I will miss the ship or not.

Have fun.

Thanks for the review. We are cruising in April (the second week that they switch the Miracle with the Legend). I was a little worried but I have read more postings about the Legend and now yours:p I think we are going to have a wonderful time.:D

Archived