Crown Princess GTY Cabin Question

CruiseGrL06

My family and I bought 2 BA cabins through our travel agent. The cabins however are GTYs. Once the TA transmitted all our info to princess and we were able to see the booking summary on princess.com, one cabin showed a BA category while the other showed a BC. I contacted the travel agent who then contacted princess and the result was that "only one BA cabin was available, and you are #9 on the waitlist for a BA" and for now, we gave you a BC. My TA told me that because I paid for a BA and not a BC, i was more than likely to still recieve my BA cabin..is this true?? and she also said that if there still weren't any BA cabins available when the ship boards, I will most likely be gauranteed something higher, like a mini-suite..is this possible?

Thanks for all your help,

Rita

If you absolutely want a certain cabin, guarantees are not the way to go.

What you will get depends entirely on how sold out the ship is. The Crown is one ship that sells out almost every single cruise. On a cruise in Nov., Princess was contacting people asking if they would change their vacation because the cruise was oversold.

How far away is the cruise? If there are still group spots that haven't been given back to the line yet because they haven't been booked, you have a good chance of getting the category you want. But if all group space has been recalled by Princess,you might not.The farther you are away from sailing, the better the chance of getting your requested cabin.

Don't despair, because there are still plenty of cancelations that happen right up to sailing time, so you may not have the assignment until right before you get on the ship. All cruise lines do as much as they can to ensure you get your requested cabin. If they didn't think it would happen, they would stop GTY bookings on your cabin category.

Rita,

It is unusual that you were 'temporarily assigned' a lower grade cabin. In most cases, when purchasing a BA gty, you would not receive any cabin assignment until you received at least what you are paying for. Call your TA back and ask again, double check your paperwork to make sure it shows BA guarantee, not something lower. (Its also kind of unusual to see people paying for BA guarantees, most folks buy the lowest category of balcony, a BG or BF and then they usually get put into a slightly higher balcony) In your case, there is no higher category of balcony to go into and you would probably get assigned a mini-suite as your TA suggested. BUT, it makes no sense that you are currently assigned a lower grade than what you paid for..make sure that does not get overlooked.

Archived