Name Change Charge / Add Latitudes Number

heelfan94

Okay, I've been on the phone with NCL Latitudes department two times for a total of about 30 minutes today. On our Majesty cruise my kids weren't listed as Latitudes members, even though they cruised with us on the Sun in January. I called and added the numbers before we sailed and it all looked fine. On the ship they weren't recognized as Latitudes but it was no big deal since my husband and I were noted as such. So I called today to make sure the kids got credit for the cruise. It turns out NCL had no record of any of us on the Sun in January. I told her that we went to the Latitudes party, got our pins, the whole nine yards. Still she said the Majesty was showing as the kids' first NCL cruise. She wanted me to find the original tickets, copy them and mail it in to the Latitudes dept. and ask for credit for all of us. I thanked her, looked around a little and didn't come up with the tickets. On a hunch I called back and got someone different and she found the records of all cruises right away. No problems at all. Everyone got credit for their number of cruises. But while on the phone with her she noticed that my husband wasn't listed as Latitudes on our upcoming Dream cruise. She added his number onto our reservation, I thanked her a dozen times for her helpfulness and hung up. I logged onto the old NCL site to check our reservation and now there's a $35 charge for a name change on the January Dream cruise. That's not right, is it? I only added his Latitudes number. Before I call and dispute the charge I was hoping someone could reassure me I'm right. :)

I would definitely fight the name change thing.

Kids have latitudes numbers, but are not latitudes members until they are 18. So my son who will be 18 in 2008 and will have completed 8 NCL cruises will start from scratch.

At least that is what I was told by NCL

Gosh, an NCL person told me the kids were accumulating cruises they would carry with them as adults. It depends on the person you get on the phone, doesn't it? I was hoping these cruises would count toward their Latitude status.

Okay, I've been on the phone with NCL Latitudes department two times for a total of about 30 minutes today. On our Majesty cruise my kids weren't listed as Latitudes members, even though they cruised with us on the Sun in January. I called and added the numbers before we sailed and it all looked fine. On the ship they weren't recognized as Latitudes but it was no big deal since my husband and I were noted as such. So I called today to make sure the kids got credit for the cruise. It turns out NCL had no record of any of us on the Sun in January. I told her that we went to the Latitudes party, got our pins, the whole nine yards. Still she said the Majesty was showing as the kids' first NCL cruise. She wanted me to find the original tickets, copy them and mail it in to the Latitudes dept. and ask for credit for all of us. I thanked her, looked around a little and didn't come up with the tickets. On a hunch I called back and got someone different and she found the records of all cruises right away. No problems at all. Everyone got credit for their number of cruises. But while on the phone with her she noticed that my husband wasn't listed as Latitudes on our upcoming Dream cruise. She added his number onto our reservation, I thanked her a dozen times for her helpfulness and hung up. I logged onto the old NCL site to check our reservation and now there's a $35 charge for a name change on the January Dream cruise. That's not right, is it? I only added his Latitudes number. Before I call and dispute the charge I was hoping someone could reassure me I'm right. :)

Unless you have a lot of patients and don't mind hangiing on the phone for long periiod time I would have mt TA handle all this for me.

Most good TA's know who to call and how to handle these type of problems.

Unless you have a lot of patients and don't mind hangiing on the phone for long periiod time I would have my TA handle all this for me.

Most good TA's know who to call and how to handle these type of problems.

That's a valid point about having a TA handle it. I don't have a regular one that I use. I kind of like handling the reservations myself. And I read these boards to find tips and answers most of the time. It's funny when you talk to someone at NCL you can get different answers from different people.

That's a valid point about having a TA handle it. I don't have a regular one that I use. I kind of like handling the reservations myself. And I read these boards to find tips and answers most of the time. It's funny when you talk to someone at NCL you can get different answers from different people.

I never heard of a name change charge:confused:

I also always book directly with NCL And will continue to do so.

I did have a problem once regarding DH latitudes status.

It was my fault as I booked on-line instead of calling NCL and I neglected to include his latitudes number. (too long a story to tell).

He was assigned a new number...I called customer service and they corrected it.

If you are not satisfied with the person you talk to at NCL either ask for a supervisor or make your adjustments with the cs person and then call back and make sure all was adjusted properly.

Good luck and YES that name change charge should be revisited:)

The name change charge of $35 is gone today. I was a little concerned yesterday because it was due by 11/21/06 and my darn time machine is broken.

I wonder if I changed traveling companions (that's not what happened) if that's where the charge would come into play? I think maybe that's what happened, then someone realized there was no change in name, just that a Latitudes number was added. Oh well, crisis averted. ;)

Here's a link to the old site:

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/home.cfm

Archived