Earliest Return Flight Time For Star From LA

discjoker

I am looking to book the Star out of LA in April. It says it gets back into LA at 7am and I am wondering what the safest earliest flight time would be. I am flying back to Boston and there is a flight leaving LA at 11am. I am thinking that is majorly pushing it but that is the only flight that I can use my FF miles on that gets me back home same day. Should I even consider that flight?

I am looking to book the Star out of LA in April. It says it gets back into LA at 7am and I am wondering what the safest earliest flight time would be. I am flying back to Boston and there is a flight leaving LA at 11am. I am thinking that is majorly pushing it but that is the only flight that I can use my FF miles on that gets me back home same day. Should I even consider that flight?

No ....no....and no...:D You could get in later.........immigration could take a long time (the worst and longest that I have ever experienced).

NCL states after 1p, I believe. Another thing, your flights could be changed at the last minute and leave earlier.

You could stay an extra day and maybe get the FF miles then. An extra hotel night will be cheaper:)

No ....no....and no...:D You could get in later.........immigration could take a long time (the worst and longest that I have ever experienced).

NCL states after 1p, I believe. Another thing, your flights could be changed at the last minute and leave earlier.

You could stay an extra day and maybe get the FF miles then. An extra hotel night will be cheaper:)

Triple post

Yes, you are pushing it in my opinion. While in the past express disembarkation was reserved for those with early flights, its now mass disembarkation and the line forms long before the pier is in sight.

Recently on my Dream disembarkation in Houston, fog set in that morning as thick as soup, and the ship docked almost two hours late. We were scheduled to arrive at 8 AM, the line started forming at 7 AM, we didn't dock until 9:30 AM, and no one got off until 10 AM. I was one of the last express disembarkation ones off a bit after 11 AM.

I would much pefer an afternoon flight, as you can easily tell how much fog can ruin your plans. Maybe you can find a one or two stop flights using your FF miles through Chicago or Dallas?

Yeah, I figured. We are sitting on all these FF miles and haven't been able to use them (lack of availability). They don't expire for a while so we might save 'em. I also am considering Boston to Bermuda on the Majesty in late April. No flights there...might be my best bet. Plus I do want to sail the Majesty before she exits the fleet. Hmm.....maybe that is what I will do. :cool:

The worst part of flying to the west coast is coming home and changing 3 time zones in addition to a 6 hour flight.

We are sailing on the Star in February and had the same dilemma on a return flight to Boston as well. Two years ago we docked in Ensenada and took buses to San Diego Airport. We booked a 1:30 flight after reading these boards. We arrived at the airport before 9:30 and were so frustrated when we couldn't get on an earlier flight. We ended up hanging out at a hotel across from the airport. We didn't get home until after midnight. Bummer.

I gave up on getting an early flight home from LA this year. We ended up renting a car and are going to drive to Las Vegas for a couple nights and get an early nonstop flight home on Monday. It means one more vacation day off from work but was well worth it in the end. It is a much easier flight home from Vegas.

Yeah, I figured. We are sitting on all these FF miles and haven't been able to use them (lack of availability). They don't expire for a while so we might save 'em. I also am considering Boston to Bermuda on the Majesty in late April. No flights there...might be my best bet. Plus I do want to sail the Majesty before she exits the fleet. Hmm.....maybe that is what I will do. :cool:

I didn't think Majesty started sailing Boston to Bermuda until May. My DD may want to think about that since her anniversary is in April. I'm hoping the Dawn is going to replace Majesty. I love the Dawn and will be one of the first to book her if she comes to Boston.

T

I gave up on getting an early flight home from LA this year. We ended up renting a car and are going to drive to Las Vegas for a couple nights and get an early nonstop flight home on Monday. It means one more vacation day off from work but was well worth it in the end. It is a much easier flight home from Vegas.

Great idea! Spending a couple of nights in Vegas is a fun way to ease your way back into civilization. :D

I didn't think Majesty started sailing Boston to Bermuda until May. My DD may want to think about that since her anniversary is in April. I'm hoping the Dawn is going to replace Majesty. I love the Dawn and will be one of the first to book her if she comes to Boston.

Majesty is doing a 6 night Boston to Bermuda on April 23 and then starts the 7 night sailings April 29.

Archived