D1 Voyager, Couch opens to bed, how big?

dblane

my sister, bil & I were just in a D1 on the Voyager. I got the couch--the first night our steward asked if I wanted it out or not. I chose not--it is a very wide couch. He put a pad on it & away we went. Now, I have a bad back & it was not good for me, so my bil--who is 6 foot--said he would try. He slept onit--un opened- the rest of the week. the arms on the ends come off the couch. I am not sure how it opens, but I will tell you, if it does pull open like the JS couch on Rhapsody does, there is not enough room to walk by it & that would mean that the folks in the beds would not be able to walk to the bathroom :D . hope that helps.

Thanks Brenda, we leave in three weeks and didn't even think about how comfortable the couch was till I read a where someone else wasn't comfortable. We'll have to deal with it somehow.

IF the couch does make out into a bed, it is comfortabel--well at least the sofa bed on the ROS was VERY comfy when it was made out into a bed.

Serene56 thanks for the pic, the D1 is a balcony but smaller than a Junior Suite. If the sofa opens the way it did in your pic it should leave enough room to get around it to the bathroom. I called RCCL and they could not tell me if it blocked or not. Thanks again.:)

Archived