Need some advice about food

tnebell

Okay so our ds (13 mos) is more or less on table foods but he has his difficult days when he doesn't like texture. So we plan to bring along some Gerber Graduates/Toddler Cuisine just in case. We've booked a balcony room (8a) on the Spirit but I know that there is more than likely not a microwave in the room. Does anyone know if there is a way to heat up foods? Maybe at the buffets? Or can you request that your server heat it up for you in the dining room?

Any suggestions/ideas welcome. Thanks! tnebell:)

We returned from Carnival Victory on 12/17 with our 1 yr. DD. She is completely on table food but I had a problem making sure she was getting her veggies that wasn't covered in salt & butter. You might want to bring along some extra veggies.

The water from the sink in our bathroom would come out very hot (almost dangerously hot). To warm her night bottle, we filled the sink with hot water and left it in there for about 10 minutes. You might try this with the food too.

Otherwise, I'm sure the wait staff would accomodate you. While they seem very busy, they do try to give extra help to parents with young kids.

Have fun and traveling with a little one was easier than my DH and I thought.

I'm glad to hear things went better/easier than you and your dh expected rusmilinyet. I've done many trips by myself with ds and lets just say it always went well but it always was VERY tiring. So needless to say this time I'm kind of dreading this trip/excited about this trip.

tnebell, I know exactely what you mean by exciting yet dreading it.

It was easier that I thought keeping my 1 yr. busy since she had DH, myself and the thrill of climbing stairs all day to entertain her. We had a balacony so one of us usually hung out there during her nap time and before she woke up in the morning. DH actually got into taking an afternoon nap with her and loved it. :p We did hang a sheet around her crib to block any light and keep her from seeing us move about the cabin. Great idea from another cruise critic post.

However, it was defintely not the "lay in the chair w/ a book & soak up the sun, join in the activities, watch the nightly show, leisurly dinner type and have a cocktail type vacation". :eek: But we love to travel so anything was better than staying home to work, cook, clean, etc.

Have fun and sounds like you have the right frame of mind w/ excited & dreading it.

Archived