Royal Dolphin Swim

Nanners214

Hello All,

I am going on my first cruise in January (21st on Valor). One of our ports is in Cozumel and I have booked the Royal Dolphin Swim. I am hoping that the packages that have coming in 2007 will be available in time for my cruise. You cannot book them yet, but they are a much better deal than just the swim alone. I was told if they become available I can upgrade. Has anyone else done this recently and if so, how was it. Swimming with dolphins has been my dream, so I know it will be great!

You are doing this with Dolphin Discovery at Chankaab Park I assume? We did this 2 weeks ago and it was AMAZING. I was not sure if DH was going to like it or not but it was his most favorite part of the entire trip. We watched a short video and then got our life jackets, etc There were 10 people in our group and 2 dolphins (Chak & Izabal). Our "trainer" was Jen. We were in the water with both doplphins for an entire hour. It was fantastic. Definately worth the extra cost over the regular dolphin swims. Also, note they WILL allow you to bring a water camera or if you have someone with you that is not swimming with the dolphins will be allowed to take pics for you from the upper deck area. Of course, they will also be taking your pic and video taping so be prepared. The DVD was $50 and the pics were $15 for the larger ones and $12 for the smaller ones. The package deal (DVD and all pics for me & DH - 12 or 14 pics total) was $150. I'm a sucker and bought the package deal because once you start picking and choosing the pics it adds up very quickly and I already KNEW that I wanted the DVD. And you know that you have to pay $16 USD (I beleive) to get into the park itself but you might be able to find a $2 per person coupon on this site somewhere. HTH and I know you will have a GREAT time.

You are doing this with Dolphin Discovery at Chankaab Park I assume? We did this 2 weeks ago and it was AMAZING. I was not sure if DH was going to like it or not but it was his most favorite part of the entire trip. We watched a short video and then got our life jackets, etc There were 10 people in our group and 2 dolphins (Chak & Izabal). Our "trainer" was Jen. We were in the water with both doplphins for an entire hour. It was fantastic. Definately worth the extra cost over the regular dolphin swims. Also, note they WILL allow you to bring a water camera or if you have someone with you that is not swimming with the dolphins will be allowed to take pics for you from the upper deck area. Of course, they will also be taking your pic and video taping so be prepared. The DVD was $50 and the pics were $15 for the larger ones and $12 for the smaller ones. The package deal (DVD and all pics for me & DH - 12 or 14 pics total) was $150. I'm a sucker and bought the package deal because once you start picking and choosing the pics it adds up very quickly and I already KNEW that I wanted the DVD. And you know that you have to pay $16 USD (I beleive) to get into the park itself but you might be able to find a $2 per person coupon on this site somewhere. HTH and I know you will have a GREAT time.

Has anyone done the dolphing swim excursion through RCI? If so, how is it compared to the royal dolphin swim? I'd like to try the royal swim, but I am skeptical about booking excursions separate from the cruise company. Thanks in advance!

Mostly the cruise ships either offer the Encounter or the Snorkel/Swim Adventure - you can check the exact description on our site to see what matches with the cruise ship offerings. The Royal Swim uses 2 dolphins and is limited to a platform of 8 people (sometimes 10 max) so most ships don't offer that.

We have a $2 Chankanaab Discount coupon on our site under the dolphin icon- also the cozumelparks website has one as well - just print it, fill it out and bring it with you when you check in.

CozInsider Jacq

We paid $149 each for the Royal Swim and $15 for a taxi and $16 each (cash only) to get into Chankanaab park and it was still cheaper to book direct with dolphindiscovery.com than to go through the cruiseline. If you allow yourselves a couple of hours there,book a tour that starts at noon or so,you won't have any problem getting back to the pier in plenty of time. It's a 15 min taxi ride back,taxis are outside waiting for passengers.

It's a wonderful experience. Very thrilling.

Where do you catch a cab for the trip to Chankanaab? Is it $15 each way, per person....? We have booked the Royal Swim and plan to spend the rest of the day there. What other highlights can we look forward to? We will bring out snorkeling gear along, too.

Archived