11:20 Flight on Liberty at FLL

mj

We are booked on the Carnival Liberty for October 21st -27th and airfare is expensive. What has been your experiences with disembarking at Port Everglades? Is 11:20 flight cutting it too close? The next cheapest flight out is 7:00 that evening. What are some options to pass the time during the day at Fort Lauderdale?

We are booked on the Carnival Liberty for October 21st -27th and airfare is expensive. What has been your experiences with disembarking at Port Everglades? Is 11:20 flight cutting it too close? The next cheapest flight out is 7:00 that evening. What are some options to pass the time during the day at Fort Lauderdale?

As long as the ship gets in on time and there are no customs issues, you should easily make an 11:20 flight. The airport is less than 3 miles from the Port.

Also, its a little early to see any fare sales, unless you see something really cheap, I would wait awhile.

If you wanted to take a later flight you could rent a car and drive around the area. Or do a post cruise excursion thru carnival.

Airfares are just becoming available. Not all flights can be seen yet.

I would wait a few weeks before booking as more flights will open up.

Smaller airlines like southwest or air tran wont show you stuff til 3-6 months out.

there are 4 ships disembarkating with you that day. 11:20 could be doable if you are one of the first colors called- (early disembarkation)

or self assist where you must carry off all your luggage with no help

Going on Liberty March 31,07. Was told not to book flight b4 1:00 PM. I would check with Carnival but I think 11:30 is to early.

you could call carnival many times with the same question and get many different answers. Your best bet it to read here and find out from people with "real" experince. Some of those people answering the phones from Carnival never even sailed on a ship yet.

I have taken flights out at 11:30= Next cruise my flight is out at 11:40.

But to be kind with your information you got from Carnival-- you are sailing during major spring break and the airports will be a mess. I would never book a flight before 1pm at certain times of the year..

www.cruisecal.com

Loser-- I think you will be good. You will visit the pursers desk the night before with your flight stuff.. ask for early off tags. you will be with the first group called. Head out when your color is called. find your luggage- (dress it nicely so you can find it easy) get a porter so you can skim outta customs easily--(money well spent) then grab a cab. You should be at the airport by 9:30

Hi. We sailed on the Liberty and also had an 11am flight, and we made it with plenty of time to spare with no problem....

The trick is self-embarkation....we got out of there quickly and didn't have to wait for a cab....we ended up sitting around the airport for 2 hours.....

Just know that everyone is subject to a Customs/Immigration inspection (CBP-Customs and Border Protection is the proper name now and INS and Customs are combined). So have everything declared properly on your form, have any receipts handy, and you should be fine.

I heard that the airport later that day was a zoo, so we were so happy to have gone with the early flight.

Good luck.

Hi. We sailed on the Liberty and also had an 11am flight, and we made it with plenty of time to spare with no problem....

The trick is self-embarkation....we got out of there quickly and didn't have to wait for a cab....we ended up sitting around the airport for 2 hours.....

Just know that everyone is subject to a Customs/Immigration inspection (CBP-Customs and Border Protection is the proper name now and INS and Customs are combined). So have everything declared properly on your form, have any receipts handy, and you should be fine.

I heard that the airport later that day was a zoo, so we were so happy to have gone with the early flight.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Good luck.

We're flying JetBlue on Easter weekend- I waited and waited for them to post their new flight schedules and booked the day they came out- managed to get $99/each way for DH and I, from Buffalo to FLL. :D That's a good rate ANY time of year, and to get that on a holiday weekend? We were thrilled.

We were also on the Liberty and had an 11:00 flight - we did the self-disembark and also sat at the airport for hours! Basically getting off of the ship was the hardest part. We couldn't get on an elevator for awhile to get down to the level that we needed to be on to disembark.

We were on the Liberty just after Thanksgiving and the debarkation process "seemed" to go well. We were off the ship at 9:40 and out of the parking garage by 9:50. Since our car was in FLL, we did not do early self debark but the folks that did take advantage of this option were leaving the ship around 8ish. As several folks have mentioned, take your flight info to the pursers desk and this will insure that you are one of first off the ship. You should have no problem ASSUMING the ship arrives on time!:)

A coworker of mine is on the Liberty 2/11/07 - 2/17/07. She told me she got a screamin deal on an airfare on 2/17/07 but it's at 10:00 a.m. I told her I thought that was a bit early but her best chance was to self disembark (and to keep her fingers crossed that the ship is on time). Anyone have any thoughts, comments or experiences? Thanks!

A coworker of mine is on the Liberty 2/11/07 - 2/17/07. She told me she got a screamin deal on an airfare on 2/17/07 but it's at 10:00 a.m. I told her I thought that was a bit early but her best chance was to self disembark (and to keep her fingers crossed that the ship is on time). Anyone have any thoughts, comments or experiences? Thanks!

if your people self disembarks... do NOT set out luggage the night before.

Your friend will be in port with 7 ships all disembarking at the same time.

Getting off the ship is not the problem.. its checking in at the airlines then getting through the security.

I for one would not do the 10am. I took an 11am one for the week later but got first class seats for 15.pp more when we booked so I wont have to wait to check in.

You should always check your flight information. Do not depend on the airlines letting youknow that there is a change.

I jsut checked today for my 11am flight and found that it was changed til 9 something. I called and made the change to a 12:15 flight.

you do not want to arrive at the airport to see that you missed your 10:00 flight that they changed to 8:30 and failed to tell you

Archived