what time in PV on Diamond

localdeltarider

What time does the Diamond get into port in Puerto vallarta, and what is the earliest you can get off the ship?

Reason i ask is i have booked the same tour operator that the ship is using independantly and it looks as though times are going to be tight. I'm sure that the people who booked with Princess will get there in time (excursion leaves from same dock as ship) I'm just wondering if we are able to exit the ship at the same time as those who booked through princess.

I asked the tour operator and they say that they don't have problems with cruise passengers making it when other ships are in port. I'd just like some reassurance on this issue.

Thanks

I understand that Princess posts the time and i'm well aware of the posted time. What i am seeking is the actual time. The time stated for the start of the excursion is 9:00 AM PV time. The ship arrival time is 8:00 AM ship time which i believe is 9:00 AM PV time. If i remember correctly the ship gets there early because last year we had some friends leave the ship at 7:30 AM ship time or 8:30 PV time to go to an early zip line tour with the ship.

Will Princess let us leave the ship the same time that those who have booked excursions with princess? If so we will be fine because as mentioned earlier we are booked with the same tour as Princess, we just booked it independantly.

I understand that Princess posts the time and i'm well aware of the posted time.......then why did you ask? What i am seeking is the actual time....that might change each cruise, give or take a few minutes, right? The time stated for the start of the excursion is 9:00 AM PV time. The ship arrival time is 8:00 AM ship time which i believe is 9:00 AM PV time. If i remember correctly the ship gets there early because last year we had some friends leave the ship at 7:30 AM ship time or 8:30 PV time to go to an early zip line tour with the ship.

Will Princess let us leave the ship the same time that those who have booked excursions with princess? no...passengers on Princess excursions get priority.....If so we will be fine because as mentioned earlier we are booked with the same tour as Princess, we just booked it independantly.

enjoy your cruise

I meant Still Confused

I called the tour operator first and they said that the Diamond Princess gets in at 7:00 AM PV time. I figured they should know since they are the ones who do the tours for the ship.

Then i called Princess and they also said that they arive in PV at 7:00 AM PV time.

Is Princess just messing up their posted times because I know on our first night of the cruise we change our clocks to mountain time. then we pull into PV which is Central time. the ship says it arives at 8:00AM ship time (mountain time) wouldn't it then be 9:00 AM Central time?

Man i'm confused. I really want to believe both groups that we will have plenty of time to make the excursion but logically something isn't adding up.

Can anyone please shed some light on this subject for me?

The most logical explanation to me is that the ship actually docks at 6:00 AM ship time and that they have just missprinted the 8:00 AM time.

I meant Still Confused

I called the tour operator first and they said that the Diamond Princess gets in at 7:00 AM PV time. I figured they should know since they are the ones who do the tours for the ship.

Then i called Princess and they also said that they arive in PV at 7:00 AM PV time.

Is Princess just messing up their posted times because I know on our first night of the cruise we change our clocks to mountain time. then we pull into PV which is Central time. the ship says it arives at 8:00AM ship time (mountain time) wouldn't it then be 9:00 AM Central time?

Man i'm confused. I really want to believe both groups that we will have plenty of time to make the excursion but logically something isn't adding up.

Can anyone please shed some light on this subject for me?

The most logical explanation to me is that the ship actually docks at 6:00 AM ship time and that they have just missprinted the 8:00 AM time.

don't worry, 7 A.M the pilot gets onboard.8 to 8.15 the first leave the ship

the Princess Group takes a while standing in the Sun waiting for "sleepers" thats the time u have to make it. and if the whole ship arrives late remember the tour guide waits for the princess group:)

Ok now I'm confused. If I have an appointment set at noon what time do I have to get off the Diamond? I'm thinking I have to be there at 11am by ships time.

Thanks.

This may confuse you more but some cruiselines like Carnival stay on ships time (they are one Mountain Time) when calling on Puerto Vallarta because PV is Central Time and they don't want to change for just that port. But others do change to local time. I think Princess does change to local time but you want to find out for sure. Look for some Diamond patters online and see what that ship has been doing.

when i called princess i was lucky enough to talk to a young woman who had been on this cruise. She said that the ship stayed on mountain time and that 8:00 AM mountain time was 7:00 AM central time. I said that i thought it would be 9:00 AM central time. She thought about it and agreed with me. She checked with her manager though, and was assured that the ship would be ariving at 7:00 AM local time. So going by that i figured that their arival time on the website was off by two hours and that they must really get into PV at 6:00 AM Mountain (ship) time.

I remember staying on mountain time when we were on the Sapphire last year but i don't remember when we got into port since my DW and i had slept in that morning.

Archived