OPI Polish Suggestions??

I will be wearing a deep purple one formal night and a wine color the next. Any suggestions for an OPI color that would look good with both colors? I know this may be tough. I like color - so don't want to do french or light colors. Thanks a lot.

My favourite is 'Lincoln Park after Dark'. I have several bottles cause I'm scared it will run out! It looks so trendy with shorter square nails.

I hope you don't apply it in the bathroom and smell it all up.

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

Where midnight meets purple.

from

http://www.goddess-within.com/opilipaafda.html

A Safer 'Lincoln Park After Dark'

from

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2006/09/a_safer_lincoln.html

Love OPI polish! Try: Don't Wine... Yukon Do It! When you go to the OPI site it is under the purples, but the color online looks red. Completely different than what the actual polish looks like. It is purple/wine color and sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for. I love the color! It was one of the new ones this past fall.

Hulagirl

I would recommend "I'm Really Not a Waitress" I got it this past week and looks great. It is a really deep red, almost burgundy. It is darker on the nail than the bottle.

Speaking from experience, this color doesn't go that well with purple, unless it's a red-purple.

I just went into OPI and to see the colors you all suggested. I went into all the series and the only color I could find was Lincoln Park. Hmmm...what am I doing wrong? The Nicole series web-site is down. I tried Classics, 25th Anniversary, Mexico Collection, etc., Try It On Salon and can't find any of the others.

I just went into OPI and to see the colors you all suggested. I went into all the series and the only color I could find was Lincoln Park. Hmmm...what am I doing wrong? The Nicole series web-site is down. I tried Classics, 25th Anniversary, Mexico Collection, etc., Try It On Salon and can't find any of the others.

Some of the colors mentioned are from older collection. The Ulta where I get my polish has tons of the colors from them. And sometimes salons will have other ones too.

Kinky in Helsinki is one of my favs, and I am all about the purple/burgundy/wine colors! Nicole by OPI also has some great shades that would work, but I don't have any with me and their site is under construction.

Kinky in Helskinki is one of my favorites also. It may be discontinued but google it and you may find a bottle. I got mine awhile ago. Always have a pedicure with it before I sail on a RCCL Voyager class (and now Freedom class) ship as they are built in Turku, Finland. OPI could come out with another bright color called Totally Turku or something but that would probably only be snapped up by RCCL junkies. LOL More people know where Helsinki is that Turku.

Okay, now that I'm at home and have polish in hand, OPI's Plugged in Plum or Nicole by OPI's Ame-tryst would both work very well. If you visit a well-stocked store (like my local Ulta), many colors that have been discontinued are stometimes still available.

To the OP, I hope we are not on the same cruise because I am wearing pretty much the same colors! ;) Well, my 1st dress is really a deep periwinkle but it is very close to purple. I've also been checking out nail colors. I have rather soft coloring so I can't wear the very dark, dramatic shades (such as Lincoln Park...) I have decided on an OPI color called "The Grape Lakes". It actually seems to change color a little when held up to each dress. It is a very rich color, but softer than the really

dark shades. I will be happy with this color on both my hands and feet (which means I only have to bring one bottle with me - Yea!)

Thanks Nabby - I'll check out The Grape Lakes. I'd be willing to bet that even if we are on the same cruise - Feb. 4 Valor - people won't notice that we have the same colored clothes and nail polish. :) derf5585 - I always match my finger nails and toe nails.

I will be wearing a deep purple one formal night and a wine color the next.

Actually, the nail color was just one thing I am trying to work out - I might open a different thread for this, but...

What color shoes are you planning to wear? I would like to bring one pair that could be worn with both dresses (I am already in shoe overkill). I have plenty of dressy shoes to choose from:

Black slingbacks w/ silver thread shot thru - I really don't like wearing black with these colors, I feel like it is kind of boring, but they are beautiful shoes.

Silver slingbacks - the heel and strap are satin, but the main part of the shoe has sequins (not terribly flashy though). The pros: these shoes have a lower heel but they still look very dressy - the low heel is easier to handle on a boat. The cons: I'm afraid they might be too light a color for these dresses. Also the dresses have beading, no sequins, so I'm not sure that is a good mix.

Gunmetal gray pumps - these have a metallic finish which makes them dressy. They are the safe choice - the very dark color goes with almost anything - but they are a little boring. Still, I am leaning toward them because I would rather but my "bling" into my jewelry than my shoes.

Both dresses are silk (not shiny, more like chiffon) with very subtle burnout pattern and beading.

By the way, we are NOT on the same cruise. ;)

HAL Oosterdam Jan. 27 - Feb. 3, 2007

I would recommend "I'm Really Not a Waitress" I got it this past week and looks great. It is a really deep red, almost burgundy. It is darker on the nail than the bottle.

I had a mani last week and picked this color - I loved it! I'd wear it a lot if I could...

My only problem is, a mani doesn't last too long for me - I had it done on Fri and on Sun nite (New Year's Eve) one nail already had a piece that flaked off... I think it's just that my nails are rather soft, so maybe when they bend the polish coat breaks?

Love OPI polish! Try: Don't Wine... Yukon Do It! When you go to the OPI site it is under the purples, but the color online looks red. Completely different than what the actual polish looks like. It is purple/wine color and sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for. I love the color! It was one of the new ones this past fall.

Hulagirl

I bought this color last night! I love it! I think it would work with both dresses.

Archived