Cruise in 2 Weeks and still No docs

Our cruise is in 2 weeks and I still have not received my documents from my travel agent :eek: I called her and she will inquire for us tomorrow as to where are documents are and when we should receive them.

Has it happened to anyone that they did not get their docs but still managed to board the ship provided they had a printed copy of the SetSail pass ?

Will it be easy to get luggage tags at the port ? We are sailing from San Juan.

Your answers will hopefully set my mind at ease. :)

Thanks in advance !

I'm very surprised you have not received them as RCCL sends them out a month in advance. There will definately be no problem getting luggage tags as long as you print & sign your set sail pass. But.....I know how everyone gets very excited when they get their docs and I'm sorry you did not receive them yet :( We also sail in 2 weeks from San Juan but on the Adventure of the Seas - we will be staying in Puerto Rico 3 days pre-cruise and I CAN'T WAIT>>>>.Happy sailing to you :D

I'm wondering if you requested e-docs. I have heard that some spam blockers prevent getting them. I would call RCI and inquire as to their status.

Your set sail pass is all you really need, but I know I like to have the docs in hand just for my benefit. It makes the cruise waiting seem more real. :)

If they are hard copy docs and RCI mailed them, they could take a little longer to reach your TA, being Christmas time and crossing the border etc. The same if a courier was used, lots of packages crossing the border at Christmas time. My guess is you will get them in plenty of time.

As previous posters stated, you really don't need the "hard" copy docs. Print them online and take them with you. A few cruises back our docs didn't arrive until a couple of days before we sailed...I was worried so I called. They said there would be no problem since we were in the system. The porters have the baggage tags at the dock and you will be fine. Try to relax and take a deep breath, everything will be wonderful!

Thanks Everyone!! We are cabbing it to the pier since we are also arriving in San Juan a couple of days before so we did not take the transfers.

I believe they will be paper docs since the reservation is vai a wholesaler here in Montreal so the docs must have gone to them 1st then I expect to our TA. I still would like to have them in hand anyway but you have all reassured me that with the SetSail pass we will be OK :D :D

We had the same problem. We sail 1/6/07 and did not have docs by 12/23/06. I contacted our travel agent ASAP 12/26/06. She spent an hour on the phone with 4 different people, but I got the docs in hand noon 12/28/06!

Reason: we'd booked on 11/28/06, and docs were ok to be printed 11/30/06. But part of our air travel goes through O'Hare, and they'd had a snowstorm that messed things up. Then RCCL had computer glitch for many people. She was amazed that RCCL wasn't notifying people of the problem, instead they were waiting for people to ask!

I hope you get yours soon!

Archived