Pearl cabin questions

judyannemt

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to win a cruise during NCL's 40th birthday promotion.

My daughter and I are going on the February 11-16 cruise.

We were assigned a stateroom 8008 which is an oceanview stateroom

I coerced my employer into upgrading us to a BC cabin (9664). He paid an additional $400 for this upgrade.

When I check on Expedia, I see that there are AG Mini-suites available for $899 per person, which is $40 less than the BC upgrade. The suites are on deck 11, #11134, 11136, 11634 and 11636. I'm trying to figure out why they are less expensive than the BC cabin, and trying to decide if I want to call NCL and switch to an AG.

Any advice? Are the AG Mini-suites in a bad location or something?

Any input would be appreciated. Sorry to be so long winded and such a newbie.

Thanks!

They are all the way at the aft and under the outdoor cafe. You might get some chair-scraping noise, but it's a good location otherwise.

I was in an AF near the mid-ship elevators. Being further aft has an advantage in that the Lido-deck overhang is gone back there and your view/sunshine quotient is better.

The balconies are a bit bigger on that deck too.

If it were me, I'd take 11634 if it's available. Port side is super for leaving (you can see all of South Beach) and if you're awake on your return, it's the best side to see Miami at dawn. 11636 is next to a service station so might be noisy in the morning.

I hope that helps!

Jana

Thanks for your replies. My daughter and I are very excited about this cruise. She'll be going away to college next year, so we probably won't get another chance like this. I didn't tell her until Christmas morning, and she was so thrilled!

We live in Montana, so she feels like she lives in the middle of nowhere so

this will be a nice adventure for her. (and me)

I called NCL and they told me that I would have to pay an additional $80 per person to get the mini-suite.

Maybe I can coerce my boss into another upgrade!

• 3 years later...
Just returned..had 11634. Would not recommend. There must be a beam going from sports deck through restuarant to this room --you hear every bouce of the basketball. Design flaw..: (

nice first post to bring a topic that's hasn't been posted in for nearly 4 years

Just returned..had 11634. Would not recommend. There must be a beam going from sports deck through restuarant to this room --you hear every bouce of the basketball. Design flaw..: (

Thanks for logging in and making a post, but, you answered a question that was asked 4 years ago. I am guessing this person has long since traveled and forgotten all about it.

Archived