? about order a tux through Carnival

Sandi149

My husband is thinking of renting a tux through the Carnival Formals Dept. There is definitely a big price difference, if we rent it through Carnival. $85 from Carnival, $135 at the local tux store here. Anyway, how reliable is Carnival for this? I would hate to be on the cruise and they don't have a tux for him for formal night.

Anyone have experience using their formal dept?

Thanks. :)

Yep, we rented. We also didn't want to rent off the ship and then have to pack one...etc. My son and my husband rented one. That cost also includes both formal nights and, in 2004 anyway, it included two shirts...so you can have a fresh shirt for each night. They had no problem with availability. I will say that both my husband and son are not "odd" sizes and are in the range of average. I don't know if you had to have a special size if it would be harder to get one. They looked into the rentals on embarkation day, since the first formal night was the next night. I can't remember if their measurements were taken then, or they were just given information on where to go in the morning of the next day.

Here they are in the Carnival Formal wear.

38577.jpg

Yep, we rented. We also didn't want to rent off the ship and then have to pack one...etc. My son and my husband rented one. That cost also includes both formal nights and, in 2004 anyway, it included two shirts...so you can have a fresh shirt for each night. They had no problem with availability. I will say that both my husband and son are not "odd" sizes and are in the range of average. I don't know if you had to have a special size if it would be harder to get one. They looked into the rentals on embarkation day, since the first formal night was the next night. I can't remember if their measurements were taken then, or they were just given information on where to go in the morning of the next day.

Here they are in the Carnival Formal wear.

38577.jpg

Just a note here. I had rented on at least 5 cruises and finally broke down and bought a tux. If the size is on the larger or smaller end of the spectrum then I'd advise to rent sooner than later. If your DH is in the 38 to 48 range there should be a ton of those on board.

FF

My ex rented a couple of times from the ship. It was easy and painless. We did his measurements at home. I did them myself, but then he didn't trust me and went to a formal wear shop and had them do them too. (They were the same!) We then called Carnival and gave them the measurements. Both times, the tux and accessories were waiting in our cabin when we boarded.

One time his shoes were uncomfortable so he called to see if he could get another pair. They sent him somewhere on the ship where they had all the formal stuff out for people that didn't reserve ahead of time. He said there was tons of stuff there, so don't worry about the supply not being there.

At the end of the cruise, we left the tux in the cabin and it was picked up by the formal people.

I loved the convenience of being able to rent from the ship. I didn't want to have to rent from a local shop for a week at double the price, and then have to go pick up the tux before the cruise and have to return if afterwards. The only thing I was worried about was finding old dusty tuxes once we got on the ship, but they were actually very nice.

I'm not sure what kind of cummerbund/tie comes with the tuxes. I guess plain black. My mom has always made my formals for the cruises, so she always made a set of either tie/cummerbund or vest/tie to match my dress. (I made him wear pink once!!:D )

We have rented tuxes for both DH and our son. We have always but one time ordered ahead of time. Then one time we didn't they did not have pants long enough for DH. Renting a tux saves tons of room in your luggage and saves you from having to iron on the ship. There are different ones to choose from as you can see on the Carnival site but we DH gets the basic black one which comes with two shirts and cumberbund and cufflinks and 2 kinds of button covers.

We have rented several times from Carnival and always had great luck. But we saw a change on the Legend in October. The tux had to be picked up at the tux shop onboard instead of the tux being delivered to our room. Also, we had to bring the tux back to the shop instead of leaving it in our cabin when we were done. Is this a change that has happened on all Carnival ships?

Archived