Best Gulf-front hotel close to Tampa?

beachbum6264

The Don Cesar is beautiful, and the beaches there are amazing. It wouldn't be too much of a drive. I'd say it's about thirty minutes, depending on traffic. I've never been there to stay, but I have had lunch there and been to the spa. It is a very large place, and as you're crossing the skyway bridge, you can see it from miles away. Have fun, and if you choose the Don Cesar, I'm sure you will!

I have stayed here many times and love it, but I have to caution you, its more than 30 minutes away. Remember its at the South end of the Beach, and that alone with all the bridge work going on with T.I. is a nightmare.

However, I love the place, and I would allow for extra driving time. The big Pink Building is just something to see. I like the Belleview Builtmore too, but I think you are looking more for the "beach" front. You can try the Tradewinds, they are nice too. I have stayed there too.

Can recommend the Don Caesar as a wonderful place to stay, with the only downside that my room was a bit on the small side. A great place to stay if you're traveling as a couple. If you're traveling as a family, can also recommend the Tradewinds (with its gondolas, ducks, swans, hammocks, beach, and kid's program). The Tradewinds is just north of the Don Caesar about 1/4 mile.

Steve

Archived