Room service breakfast

clopaw

We will be doing a Panama Canal round trip in December, and we have a verandah. I love having breakfast everyday on the verandah. What does HAL have on the room service menu for breakfast? I have seen people post on other boards that you can write in what you want if it doesn't appear on the menu. Can you do that on HAL?

What is room service like the rest of the day? Can you have pizza delivered? What kind of snacks?

We always have breakfast in our cabin when we are in port as we like to leave the ship early.

Last year on the Noordam we had just about anything we wanted including eggs etc. It may have changed since then as HAL are changing so many things.

Jennie

Eggs, bacon, pastries, breads, etc. The usual. I don't remember any pizza, just sandwiches, burgers, whatever is served in dining room. We never ordered anything but breakfast. Oh and a cheese plate one afternoon. Snacks seemed somewhat limited to chesse and fruit, I think. anyway, you certainly won't starve!

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]The breakfast menu is very good. There is even a choice for eggs - regular or egg beaters. And there is a choice of cereals. If there isn't a cereal listed that you want, you can write it on the form and you will get it.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]BUT we know one person who wrote on the form "eggs benedict" - didn't get it.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Pizza is not delivered to the rooms.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]And on the form there is wide choice of times for breakfast delivery.[/color][/font]
:) :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]AHHH - but one person on these boards tried to get them delivered to the suite.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]AND it wasn't us.[/color][/font]

What about omelette's? On NCL we ordered how we wanted it and it came out great. Also on NCL(can't tell I am a NCL cruiser can you LOL) in the afternoon we used to order the chef's special for the day and with DH sweet tooth he just loved this. I love to cook and bake but the desserts were out of this world. Mmmmm that chocolate mouse was great also. Also I heard about the oj but what about the tomato juice? Thanks any info is greatly appreciated.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Breakfast room service - only cheese omlettes made either with regular eggs or egg beaters.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]There is a choice of juices - orange juice, V-8, tomato.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Chef's special? Chef's don't have a special at either lunch or dinner. At dinner there is a chef's recommendation on some of the ships.[/color][/size][/font]

The only place you can get fresh squeezed orange juice is in the Lido.

The room service list and card does not list all the breakfast items but you can order them. I know you can order pancakes, I am not sure about the waffles.

I forgot to mention you can always go to the Lido and bring pizza back to your cabin. I have done this many times. It is available all afternoon.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Breakfast room service - only cheese omlettes made either with regular eggs or egg beaters.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]There is a choice of juices - orange juice, V-8, tomato.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Chef's special? Chef's don't have a special at either lunch or dinner. At dinner there is a chef's recommendation on some of the ships.[/color][/size][/font]

:)[/QUOTE]
If you order a cheese omlette, and also request meat on the side, you can insert the meat into the eggs. I do it with sausage, cut it up, open the omlette, stuff in the meat and then, voila, a sausage and cheese omlette.

Deward

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]AHHH - but one person on these boards tried to get them delivered to the suite.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]AND it wasn't us.[/color][/font]
:)[/QUOTE]

Oh who, pray tell? Can we guess? Just kidding, LOL! I think I know...

Anything to keep up the drama!

:) [color=blue] [font=Comic Sans MS]ekerr19[/font][/color]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Good detectives aren't we?[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]It pays to read all the threads and posts.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
:D

Archived