Free drinks and other alcohol related questions

newistcruiseaddict

I always pack beverage cans in one of those huge zip lock bags they make now before packing it into your luggage. Just in case. Also if you are flying make sure do not go over the weight limit or you would be better off to leave it at home. We usually fly a day early and I just buy what I want locally. The last trip I bought beer cold used the big zip locks packed it in my checked luggage and when it got to my room 6 hours later it was still cold.

I would be very careful about packing beverage cans. With all the bouncing around of luggage, they can easily explode on you. We usually pack one suitcase full of nothing but resealable plastic bottles of either beer or soda. Even if the suitcase gets bounced around, the plastic bottles are no problem.

For wine, we purchased the small box wines from Target. The smaller boxes easily gave two servings. I won't pack any glass bottles.

On our cruise we brought on 4 bottles of wine to take with us to dinner and were never charged a corkage fee. We also smuggled in a small bottle of vodka in our checked luggage (wrapped in bubble wrap and a plastic bag).

We showed up a little early to the Captain's Cocktail Party so we were close to the first in. We sat close to the stage (we wanted to dance), and our drinks were never empty. Even if we were on the stage dancing, the waiter would set down a new drink for us by the time the dance was over. There were about 5 or 6 choices of drinks to choose from. We were all pretty "happy" by the time it was over. It was the same for my parents at the Past Guest Party.

The shops on the boat had free alcohol tasting almost every night with a different type of drink. One night was rum, the next was Bailey's, etc. The ports gave free drinks all the time. Some of the beaches would give free tequila shots to everyone if you bought a bucket of beer.

So what is the size differance between the souvineer glass and reg glass? Am I just better off not getting the glass so I don't have to tote it around?

I poured the drink from my regular glass into my souvineer glass, and they were the same size.

I will always be buying in a regular sized glass in the future.

Archived