It's 12/30 - want to lose 8-10 lbs in one month.

I know I can do it if I really try!! Anyone with me? I'd love to have someone to chat with along the way. We leave 2/4/07 on the Valor and an extra 8-10 pounds would make my clothes fit a little better. I have about 40 to lose total, but don't think I can take it all off in a month. :)

I know I can do it if I really try!! Anyone with me? I'd love to have someone to chat with along the way. We leave 2/4/07 on the Valor and an extra 8-10 pounds would make my clothes fit a little better. I have about 40 to lose total, but don't think I can take it all off in a month. :)

I would love to lose 8-10 lbs. this month!!! And that is my goal because I have fallen behind the past 6 weeks.

I'm cruising out 5/27/07 on the Mariner. I have a little more time to lose than you, and like you I really need to lose in the 45 lb. range.

Talk later,

Crystal

Hi ladies...count me in! I'm leaving on 2/4/07 as well, on Princess though. 8-10 sounds like a good number. Good time to start too, the fridge and pantry look a little low so I'll be sure to hit the market and pick up plenty of greens and good food! Do either of you have a routine set up?

Hi Everyone....

I'd like to join too.... I'm sailing on the Grand Princess on March 17, 2007. I need to lose more like 40lbs but I know that will be impossible. I'd settle for 8-10lbs this month and then another 8-10lbs next month. I plan to use weight watchers and also to start an exercise program:) Let's get started.......Good luck everyone!!!

DJ

I set sail March 5th (Fascination CCL) and 8-10 lbs sounds doable. Tough, but doable!

I do ww too, I have lost 26 lbs of baby fat (ok, ok, I was fat before I got pregnant! LOL) I made the mistake of trying my swimsuit on yesterday- aye yi yi!! So I would love to join in.

Little background info- My name is Sondra, I am 30, have an almost 4 yr old dd, almost 2 yr old ds, and am from Mn. :)

Any suggestions for a good workout for the upper thigh/bum area as well as the lovely love handles:o ? I currently run/walk, ride my bicycle (real one, no room for a stationary) and do sit-ups. Any of you have a favorite excercise that you think really does the trick for a certain area?

Can I join you? I'm also sailing on February 4, but on the Sensation.

I really would like to lose about 15 pounds in the next month. My plan is to eliminate soda, between meal snacking and dessert. The 2nd two are my big problems. I'm a SAHM, so I tend to snack a lot and then I feel like I deserve a big bowl of ice cream every night once I finally get the kids in bed.

Anyway, I have already lost 2 pounds in 2 days, so I hope I can keep it up. And I hope you all can too. What I need help with is an exercise routine that I can do in my living room with no fancy equipment.

TIA

I'd love to join this thread also! I've managed to gain almost 2 dress sizes since August:eek: and tried to get back on WW. Well, our cruise is now 2 months away, and although I don't expect to lose as much as I should ( I'm afraid to get on the scale until I've been dieting for a few days) , I would like my cruise clothes to fit. So,yesterday I started counting points again, and today I got on the treadmill.I drank a lot of water and only had about half of the diet pepsi that I usually drink. BTW, does anyone know exactly why diet soda is bad when your'e trying to lose weight? I've read that it isn't dehydrating as the amount of water counteracts the effects of the caffeine. Is it the aspartame? Is soda sweetened with splenda better for your?:confused:

I'd like to join also! Our cruise is two months away (3/11/07 FOS) and I need to lose a dress size. 10-15 lbs should do it. BTW, does anyone know exactly why diet soda is detrimental to weight loss? I'm a diet pepsi fan! I'm trying WW again. Tried to get back on it earlier in the year and I think I just ate more!! But today I got on the treadmill, so I hope my motivation increases! :D

Misty57,

I was reading your post and I have done WW a few times. You can count Diet Pepsi toward your water if you drink Diet Pepsi caffeine free. It isn't the sweetener that is in the soda that is bad it is the caffeine. Just switch your Diet Soda to caffeine free and you can count it for water. That is what a couple WW leaders told me.

By the way, count me in for the weight loss. I would like to lose 20 lbs by 3-18-07 when I go on the Vision of the Sea.

Sheri

Just the thread I have been looking for..well count me in as well ladies. I sail on 4/22/07 on the Valor so I actually started on the good foot this past Monday(1/8/07). I have already cut out my soda's and have drank nothing but WATER since Monday. I also have cut out the foods that are not healthy. I have a hard time being restricted on a diet so I just cut out the things that are bad and intake the things I need by making healthier selections. I did good last year preparing for my cruise and I lost some weight and my clothes fit me good. So I am trying to get an early start for this year's cruise. Its always good to have something to motivate u to lose some lbs...at least for me because it makes me more disciplined. I do the turbo jam workouts...my treadmill is B*O*R*I*N*G...so I had to change what I do in order for me to exercise and I absolutely LOVE turbo jam. I realistically plan to lose about 20-25lbs, but I know I need to lose about 35-40. But I will keep it real and stick to one goal at a time, so I am shooting to lose 20-25lbs by the time my cruise roll around.

Hopefully we can all keep one another motivated..Lord knows I need the push from time to time;) . I will check in often to see how everyone is doing and to get my dose of motivation and encouragement. So lets just do it!

Good Luck!:D

P.S. In the past, whenever I get cravings/temptations to have something bad, I would usually wait until the weekend (either Sat or Sun..NOT both) and indulge in ONE "bad" treat (ie..pasta..my all time weakness!). This way I get to have my cake and eat it too..lol. If you have an alternate suggestion, DO TELL.:o

Misty57,

I was reading your post and I have done WW a few times. You can count Diet Pepsi toward your water if you drink Diet Pepsi caffeine free. It isn't the sweetener that is in the soda that is bad it is the caffeine. Just switch your Diet Soda to caffeine free and you can count it for water. That is what a couple WW leaders told me.

By the way, count me in for the weight loss. I would like to lose 20 lbs by 3-18-07 when I go on the Vision of the Sea.

Sheri

=loco713]Misty57,

Sheri

Thanks for the info. I have decided just to go cold turkey off of the DP. I will substitute really weak iced tea for my caffeine in the morning, and the rest of the day I'll just drink water . If I just have to have a DP I'll try the caffeine free.:D I don't think I've have Caff free since my last pregnancy. :p I got on the scale today:eek: and I seem to creep back up to the same set point anytime I stop WW. I have never gone to a meeting, but I've done online and WW at home. I keep hearing about new changes in the point allowances. Does anyone know what they are?

BTW, loco713, our last cruise was on the Vision ( 2005) to Mexican Riviera. While we prefer the voyager class ( maybe now the freedom class- we'll see) it was a great trip. We had a great time in all the ports- probably the best excursions we've taken on any of our cruises. Are you going to Mexico or Alaska?

So, I weighed myself last week and again last night, I only lost 1 pound in that week. Good thing is, my boyfriend is working out with me and he lost 3...gives me more motivation to beat him this week!! We aren't on WW or anything, just a do-it-yourself work out and eat right plan. :) Good luck to all you ladies for the weekend and next week!

Count me in

I leave on the inspiration 2/22/07 I am 17 away from my 10% so would like to have reached that by the time we sail. Plus, I sailed in September and that would put down 20 since that sailing would like to compare the pictures, since on a cruise ship is the only time I let my picture get taken

Count me in

I leave on the inspiration 2/22/07 I am 17 away from my 10% so would like to have reached that by the time we sail. Plus, I sailed in September and that would put down 20 since that sailing would like to compare the pictures, since on a cruise ship is the only time I let my picture get taken

I am down from 240 to 229 as of today. I have cut out white bread, chips, cookies and cake as well as beer(OUCH!). I have been using Cracked Wheat bread with breakfast for my eggs, sushi or salad for lunch and a lot of good carb veggies. I have also cut out pasta which I do not really miss. And good proteins like turkey, chicken and lean pork work wonders to burn fat.

I figure I will put 8-10 back on after a week of glutney and should be at my target weight of 210. I am sailing 2-3-07 and hope to be 225.

Good luck to all!

Archived