Ncl Jewel- Pepsi Or Coke - Can You Get Bottles On Board ??

KittyLiXX

Hi there -

Happy New Year all..

As a first time NCL cruiser ( Jewel 1/14/07) , checking to see if they are a Pepsi or Coke ship - -AND can you buy 12 or 16 oz bottles of whatever in the gift shops ( we could buy these on The Princess Caribbean last time and it made life good)

Not a fan of the soda club - -

Thanks -

Elaine

Coke products only on NCL -- and not a horribly wide selection of those. Coke, diet coke, sprite, gingerale --- did I forget any??

I don't remember seeing bottle for sale in the gift shop, but I might possibly have missed them. The mini-bar in your room will have cans available, if you feel like paying the $1.75 + gratuity, or whatever the exact amount is each time you want one.

You can, however, take your own bottled water or soda on the ship, in limited quantities. We didn't this last time, because we didn't find anywhere convenient to purchase it, but have done on all 3 of our previous cruises. I'm a diet Dr. Pepper addict, and have taken a 12 pack of cans on, along with my DH's choice of soda, without any problems.

BYOP.......Bring your own Pepsi! that's what my wife did. Only Coke products. And none for sale in the gift shop. No drink cooler there.

NCL will let you bring soda and water and mixers on board. Have the room steward get rid of your mini bar to make more room in the fridge for your sodas.

Steve

Coke products only. In fact, I have never seen Pepsi on a cruise ship. AFAIK, Coke has a monopoly in the cruise industry. I've never seen bottles, just cans and I don't recall ever seeing soda in an NCL gift shop. I agree with those who say, just bring along your favorite. That's what I do since I prefer Diet Pepsi.

How much does the Soda Card cost and how many sodas is it good for? Reason I ask is I'm pretty much a coke-aholic :D

Hopefully they'll do like Disney, back in '02 they did away with the cards and just included pop,coffee,tea and water in the cruise price!

Does anyone happen to know if any other cruise line includes pop in their cruise price?

Coke card is $5.75 per day and you have to buy the entire cruise. For a 7 day cruise that's $40.25. For that price you get unlimited sodas at any of the bars or restaurants.

We did find that they're not always in a big hurry to bring your cokes. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the servers aren't getting the normal 15% gratuity, but most of the time it's just a minor inconvenience. The only place we've ever really had an issue is in the theaters at night. When the bar staff comes around to take drink orders, we've found that they frequently never return with a "free" drink.

Thank you so much! We've only cruised twice and both times with Disney.

We want to go on another, possibly in '08 with another couple but he's not too sure about DCL (neither of us has kids) so I'm checking around for our best options. Not really sure where to begin. We were really spoiled on the ship with it being "All Inclusive", more than 1 pool,free ice cream and drink stations, etc.

Archived