? about that Newly not so newlywed game

Sandi149

Wooohooo I have a shot lol! we are getting married on the ship on the day we embark. I just told fiance we had a good shot and should start practicing because his new wife wants her ship on a stick. ( he rolled his eyes at me lol) But thats ok I have 3 1/2 months to work on him.

• 2 weeks later...

We were chosen during our wedding cruise on the Conquest (08.06.06) because we were the newest married, having been married on the ship the day before. They chose another newlywed couple because they seemed very outgoing (I think the CD was worried we were a bit quiet, boy was he wrong!), and then a 25-year married couple and a 52-year married couple. My husband wasn't too keen on it and used the questions to get back at me a bit, but it was a lot of fun. His parents, aunt and uncle and 76-year-old grandma were all in the audience. My mom and aunts were on the ship but didn't go (my aunts didn't want to- my mom still hasn't forgiven them. They didn't think we'd get picked.)

The questions I remember were the strangest place you've ever made whoopee, which the CD said for us who were married on the ship, the correct answer was, "in the cabin on the ship". :D Actually, that's what my husband answered before the CD even said it. I was stupid and honest and said the bathroom counter.

Then they asked how we met, and since we were a blind date the CD asked me if I knew he was "the one" when I saw him. I misunderstood the question and said, "Yes, I knew it was him because he'd told me he'd be wearing a yellow shirt." Everyone busted out laughing and then I realized what he'd meant. Total blonde moment!

They also asked what your husband is like in the morning- a pink cadillac, a tow truck, or a Hyundai, something like that. I was trying to be a good wife and said pink cadillac, of course. My husband said he is a Hyundai, because "I'm for growing, not for showing." The audience loved that.

The most embarassing thing, though, was when they asked him to name his favorite thing about me. He said, "Well, she's got a great personality, but I've gotta say it's the whooha!" :eek: I was moritifed! His mom gave him a good dressing down for that one but it was all part of the fun of the show. I knew how to take it.

I'd definitely do it again but just go in with the understanding that it's just a game and you can't get mad over what is said. If you think that's a possibility, just be part of the audience rather than a contestant.

Good luck!

my husband and i were married aboard the glory on july 1st and we had met the cruise director the same day. he said he would be looking for us later in the week when they did the show. well we had about 40 of our closest family and friends sailing with us so at the begininng when he asked if we were in the audience we kind of stuck out in the crowd, lol. other than that they just ask and you just have to raise your hand. but if you happen to have others with you, im sure it wouldnt hurt to make some noise and draw attention to youself if you really want to get up there! :D

my husband and i were married aboard the glory on july 1st and we had met the cruise director the same day. he said he would be looking for us later in the week when they did the show. well we had about 40 of our closest family and friends sailing with us so at the begininng when he asked if we were in the audience we kind of stuck out in the crowd, lol. other than that they just ask and you just have to raise your hand. but if you happen to have others with you, im sure it wouldnt hurt to make some noise and draw attention to youself if you really want to get up there! :D

We played this game on Royal Caribbean back in 2004 - they call it the "Love and Marriage Game Show" on there.

We were chosen as the "middle couple" - and the way we were chosen was not by number of years - but because they were choosing who was the best at saying: "Ooh Eeh Baby, We wanna play your game!"

So... since my husband and I are both singers - we SANG it. And it brought the house down. So they chose us. ;)

We were on the Fantasy in December and the middly wedds were asked to stand between 24 and 26 years. The were told to have a passionate kiss and the CD picked the Hottest couple. One of the best shows of the cruise.

Archived