? about that Newly not so newlywed game

Sandi149

On Glory they picked the newest newlyweds (8 days ) the oldest (54 years or so) and in the middle (27 years). It wasn't a matter of jumping up and down or anything, just having the right anniversary, even down to the date for the middle couple because there were two at 27 years. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary (actually 25 years and 4 months by then) but we didn't raise our hands because they asked for 27 years. From what I've seen, they don't pick you just because you're in their face, but because you fit what they're actually asking for.

Sandi, as several of the others have already mentioned, you are very close to that 'usual' anniversary range for the middle couple, which falls between those married a few days, and those in the golden years. Just grab a seat on the first or second row and don't be shy to raise that hand or stand up and be seen. With the stage lights, there is limited sight from where the cruise director will be onstage. And make sure you and your hubby are really ready for the experience. Sometimes what you write on the paper is not what's read to the audience. It's an entertainment show, remember. Have a great time, and hopefully a great experience as part of the show. Bon Voyage!!

I played the XXX Newlywed game in the Poconos years ago.....They had a much better system of how to pick who plays. Everyone who wanted to play went up and got a ticket. They put the other half in a bowl and then picked out at random 4 couples!! Worked out great.....I was picked!! I wasn't even married at the time......AND we tied for first!!! I would love to play again but its always done by how many years married now......so no chance. Good luck to all!!:D

On Destiny, they had 3 different boxes on the stage. If you wanted to play, you put your name in the appropriate box, depending on how many years you've been married. They drew one name from each box.

On Victory, they had the audience stand and he would call out number of years married, finally zeroing in on the time frame with one couple from each group still standing.

So.....I guess it just depends on the method the person running the game wants to use.

Good luck! I've always wanted to play but have never been picked. But it's lots of fun to watch!!!

They'll have all the first time honeymooners stand. On our ship there were probably 20 honeymooners. They'll start giving days and times and saying if you got married on Friday, sit down. If you got married Saturday morning, sit down. And so on and so forth. Your best chance is if you got married on the ship on sailaway day AND brought several family members with you.

Next they're looking for the couple married the longest, usually it's better than 50 years.

Lastly, a couple married about 25 years that also has lots of people traveling with them.

If you do get selected, be sure to order the memory CD for the week. It will most likely be on that CD for your home viewing pleasure.

i will have been married for 5 days when i go on my cruise:p

I hope we get picked for the newlyweds!!!

On our 4 day Bahamas cruise in September, there were actually 4 couples who got married the day we boarded and it literally came down to which couple got married the latest in the day........

Best of luck.

Bill

And where you sat didn't matter because the lights were all on when they picked the participants. The middle couple was actually sitting in the 5th or 6th row from the back. And as Dana the CD on Glory says, it's not the questions he asks, it's the answers.:D

I second the notion to be prepared. On our last cruise, a newlywed couple was asked "where's the strangest place you've ever made whoopie?" in front of their entire family traveling on the cruise (grandparents, et al). Their answer - "the bathroom at Taco Bell". The entire rest of the cruise wherever we saw these people (even off the ship on beaches, etc) strangers were walking up to the m and saying (spelling totally wrong I know) "Yo queero Taco Bell". They always laid by the pool near us and on our last sea day they were fighting about it. They were both blaming each other for bringing it up - but they both answered the question that way. Keep in mind they will play it on the in-room TV over and over and over again so even people who didn't see the show will get to see it.

As an audience member it was a hoot-and-a-half, but be prepared, really. We said to each other when we heard them fighting, "Thank god all these people don't know we had sex on the boss's desk at work ;)"...

It is fun, but be careful what you wish for ;)

The game is so fun to watch, but I wish the questions weren't so sexually invasive! :p Seriously, my fiance and I have been together for 11 years, and we're both under 30, but there is no way either of us would ever answer the crazy questions asked; we're way too embarassed! Kudos to those of you with courage and fiest!

On our last cruise, a newlywed couple was asked "where's the strangest place you've ever made whoopie?"

The correct answer is on the balcony last night. The second best answer is in the hot tub last night. The wrong answer is in the elevator (the glass ones).

I have to admit watching this was one of the highlights of the cruise! I would never miss this on any cruise we take in the future!

Also I think watching the contestants get all embarassed and turn red was almost more funny then most of the answers!

On our previous cruises, the choosing of couples was just as described, but on our December Elation cruise, it was different. The longest married couple still got picked (50 years) and the shortest (married on board), but the third couple wasn't the typical 25 year married folks. This time, they had all couples, regardless of time married, who wanted to play stand up and they went around the show lounge and each couple had to either act out Tarzan and Jane or do a rendition of "ooh baby ooh, we want to play" in creative ways.

The way the third couple was picked actually turned out great because these outgoing folks added to the show. The newlyweds were okay and the older folks were duds (not typical, usually the older folks are the riots) so having these outgoing people saved the show.

The older folks were just not quick enough for this show. They couldn't think of some answers and just said "I don't know"....certainly not what you normally get. I actually think their family volunteered them and they were just agreeing to participate.

So, if they do it this way...your 5 day marraige might get you on the stage for acting crazy but otherwise, I am afraid you don't have much hope :(

Be prepared for questions like "what would you like to make bigger and smaller on your mate" and "which of your mate's friends would you most like to be on a deserted island with" and "if you had x ray vision, who would you use it on other than your wife" (on our cruise, the husband answered Halle Berry and the wife's answer was...it shouldn't be anyone, you are a preacher!

Be prepared for questions like "what would you like to make bigger and smaller on your mate" and "which of your mate's friends would you most like to be on a deserted island with" and "if you had x ray vision, who would you use it on other than your wife" (on our cruise, the husband answered Halle Berry and the wife's answer was...it shouldn't be anyone, you are a preacher!

Thanks for that info, those may not be questions that i want to deal with the answers on our honeymoon ya know? or maybe even ever...

Dana, the CD on Glory actually wrote answers for the older couple a couple of times because they weren't quick enough. Also, I still believe what he said, that it's the answers, not the questions that are good. The questions themselves are very clean and not sexually invasive, it's how the couple chooses to answer them that is.

23 actually sounds great - the more I htink about it the more I think the middle couple was 24 or 25 years in (wife concurs on the initial 15 being too low).
Yep, the middle couple on the 12/10 Legend had been married 24 years. The were looking for a couple that had been married for 25 years, but we kept our mouths shut. ;) We were there to watch, not be watched. :o The older couple were a hoot -- they'd been together 64 years.

Archived