Ack!!! my friend is a chair hog!!!

Sandi149

the problem w/ the whole chair hog thing as i see it, is that while it is wrong, and many of us on this board wouldn't do it, there are always going to be people on your cruise who do. and you're on vacation with these people. seeing them more often than you may realize due to the fact that you are all confined to a ship. and who wants to have a problem or argument w/ anyone while on vacation? i know i don't. even if they are a complete stranger. so, i pick my battles, (that's not one of them), and move on. i always find somewhere to sit. and toward the late afternoon, the chair hog occupants leave and the chairs by the pools eventually free up.

BTW: Guess how many $22 CCL beach towels I have!!!! :cool: I WILL acquire them and let chair hogs pay for them. No problem, mon!

I find this to be just as rude as chogging, if not more, IMO. Just move them somewhere else, or turn them in. No need to steal something to make a point.

Each person has their own set of ethics and we shouldn't force ours on others. With this said, I'm not a chair hog but I understand cruising with someone who is sensitive and could get their feelings hurt by blunt comments about how they are wrong for chair hogging. (My sister is like this and an incident such as this could make the rest of the cruise uncomfortable - I know, it's immature, but some people are like that, and I love my sister anyway and work around it.)

If it were me, I would just let her know I didn't need a chair saved for me and get a chair when you are ready. Let someone else with not much tact (it's not taken as personally coming from strangers as it is from your best friend) tell her what a horrible human being she is for wanting to save a pool chair. (I'm sure you've heard from this type of person already.)

I have always told people that if we were to cruise together, you do your thing and I'll do mine. One of mine is; not sitting as close to the pool as possible. Put me on the next deck up please and away from the noise. If my friend was a chair hog, I'd just tell them that if you lose your towel, it's your $22.00 not mine.

Oh what fun if she reads these boards to find out you are out telling the whole world about her bad habits.

Oh what a true friend you must be is what she will certainly think.

So if she does read these boards and finds your posts you probably will not have to worry any longer about her cruising with you.

Archived