A 25 yo must be in cabin?

Keisele

My niece is going on a cruise and now four more of her friends want to come. We were told at least one person needs to be 25 years old in the cabin, unless they are married. There will be chaperones, but not enough to cover the two extra friends who are over 19. Also, not enough room in the cabin to add them. My question is how do young people get to go on a cruise?

I believe it depends on how the cabins are booked.

I'm currently booked on the Glory in August and booked two rooms for my family.... 2 adults, and three kids 15, 13 and 4..... my two oldest kids are booked in their own room across the hall from our balcony stateroom.... carnival had no problem booking the cabins this way (although *we* won't be giving our older kids free reign in their own room!).

It should definitely be doable with kids the ages you mentioned....

Cheers...

Gusman

Yeah, it was weird, my girlfriend and I sailed last Feb and we were ages 23, and 24... This year we called in Oct to book, and the agent told us that one of us would need to be 25 at the time of sailing. Good to go, my birthday is in December, but it's just a bit odd we found that no question was made last year, and this year it wouldn't have gone down unless one of us was 25.

Yeah, it was weird, my girlfriend and I sailed last Feb and we were ages 23, and 24... This year we called in Oct to book, and the agent told us that one of us would need to be 25 at the time of sailing. Good to go, my birthday is in December, but it's just a bit odd we found that no question was made last year, and this year it wouldn't have gone down unless one of us was 25.

If you are over the age of 21 u can sail alone. Here is the policy

How old do you have to be to travel alone? spacer.gif

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

If there is anyone under the age of 21 in the cabin then there must be a 25 yr old(er) booked in that cabin as well, unless they are booked in adjoining/across the hall or next door to a parent. Last year 4 of my friends came they were all between 22 and 23 yrs old and did not have a problem with thier cabin.

Thanks, for the input. Currently that is how we are booked....One Cabin across from the other. Now, with two more going I wonder if they would accept next door to the cabin across being the are interior rooms and we are balcony. I am presently trying to get more "elder" people to come along.

If there is anyone under the age of 21 in the cabin then there must be a 25 yr old(er) booked in that cabin as well, unless they are booked in adjoining/across the hall or next door to a parent. Last year 4 of my friends came they were all between 22 and 23 yrs old and did not have a problem with thier cabin.

I don't know about the adjoining/across the hall to a parent. The reason I say this is we are booked into two adjoing staterooms my DW, DD and one of her friends. My DD will be 22 at the time of the sailing and her original friend that was going was 23 but she had to back out. Now she is taking a friend you will be 20 and when we called Carnival we had to switch names around so that that someone over twenty five was listed in each of the rooms.

don't know about the adjoining/across the hall to a parent. The reason I say this is we are booked into two adjoing staterooms my DW, DD and one of her friends. My DD will be 22 at the time of the sailing and her original friend that was going was 23 but she had to back out. Now she is taking a friend you will be 20 and when we called Carnival we had to switch names around so that that someone over twenty five was listed in each of the rooms.

That is because the 20 y/o is not your child. If her parents were on the cruise, Carnival would allow her to be in an adjoining or nearby stateroom. Because her parents are not going, Carnival is requiring you to book someone over the age of 25 in her cabin with her. This is their official policy anyway, but sometimes they let people get away with booking "kids" in their own cabin even if all the parents aren't on the ship. One cruise we were on, my niece (16 at the time) had her own cabin with her two 16 y/o friends. Neither of the other two girls' parents were onboard, only my niece's parents. We've had no problem booking our own kids in their cabin on our last several cruises, but then, we were on the same cruise with them.

Archived