Cabin windows ?

OKOK...forgive me for laughing at your question. Truly, I'm not laughing so much at you as remembering myself wondering that very same thing before I boarded my first cruise. And DH asking about it before HIS first cruise! It brought back the memories and anticipation and the joy of that experience. Thank you for posting it!

No, they don't open....even the ones that are well above the water line. Too bad, though!

No they do not open. And FYI when the RMS Britannic, (Younger post-sinking) sister to the Titanic, was a hospital ship during WW1 it was either torped or mined and sank even faster due to the open windows.

You on one hand are apparently missing nothing

I on the other hand am missing ...... sight maybe:)

I just didn't get it, I still don't to some extent :confused:

Maybe it's my laptop?

I tried viewing it with a diff. bkgrd colour - IT STILL LOOKS LIKE NOTHING!

What is the white thing that looks like the number 1?

Maybe I should just take your word for it and shut up.:o

I was showing a friend our cruise pictures from the Paradise and she saw one of our cabin with the porthole windows. I had taken the picture at night so the portholes were dark and she thought our cabin was under the water!!

Our friends were in the cabin next to us (also porthole windows) and a flying fish had landed in the ledge of the window and died. He stayed there for the whole cruise!! Too bad their windows didn't open so they could get rid of him!

If anyone wants to see what the porthole window cabins look like (Category 5A) just check the link below to see my pictures.

Archived