Welcome Eken

I have been on the CC boards for a couple of years now, but this is the first time I have met anyone else from Sweden. And you are not only from Sweden but like me from Stockhom. Not only that, we live in the same area, Södermalm, which is where ships that are docked at Stadsgården are.

:) So a warm welcome to my neighbour Eken. It is good that you will also help with questions here. I am not very active this time of the year, as I am mostly in the Archipelago, away from my computer.

Maria

When are you going to New Orleans? My daughter went to college there for four years and we visited frequently. Let me know if you want any recommendations, etc. Okay, I have to give a few anyway, lol. You have to have brunch at Brennan's. It is pricey, but worth it, for the experience. Try the milk punch and have bananas foster for dessert. Make reservations as far in advance as you can. You can probably do it on their web site. Also, visit Preservation Hall, for real jazz. Then Mother's Restaurant for lunch - try sharing a po'boy with someone - I forgot the name of their special one, but it has debris in it. That way you can try a few things, if you want. Really inexpensive, kind of a whole in the wall, but a real tradition and the food is great. We also loved the new D-Day Museum. And take the street car thru the Garden District. Let me know if you want any more info. It is a fun city. However, we are leaving tomorrow for Copenhagen, so it may take me a while to reply.

email me if you want reinziger@hotmail.com

Bobbie

Maria

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Have you considered giving tours to private parties? We will be leaving tomorrow, so it is too late for us, but sounds like a good idea. I am actually thinking about whether to do something like that occasionally in New York. Thanks for your advice.

Bobbie

Maria,

I have just spent the day planning what we will be doing during our day in Stockholm in August. What a treat to see all of your pictures. I hope we see some sun that looks as beautiful and blue as the sun in many of your pictures.

Lynn

Thanks for the comments on the photos I took of Stockholm, we are glad you enjoyed them. Maria and I are so happy we found these message boards and the information we have received has already proven to be priceless. Even though our cruise is still many months away Cruise Critic is part of our daily reading routine now.

As we say in Sweden,

Skål!

Hi Maria,

I live on Bjurholmsgatan, near Katarina Bangata. So we are quite close to each other. Like you I love to travel and has done so both for pleasure and for business. The business travel has been mostly European cities, but for pleasure I like not only Europe but also longer trips. So far I have done 10 cruises, most of them Caribean. But the two best have been 24 and 25 day African cruises.

Next up will be Galaxy San Juan to Galveston, followed by a Galveston Panama turn-around in October/November.

Hi North-bound!

That almost makes us neighbours! We are cruising the Caribbean on the Norwegian Dream in April next year. I am sure you can give us some useful hints. It would be fun to stay in touch, if you'd like. What is your e-mail address?

Eken

Hi Maria,

I live on Bjurholmsgatan, near Katarina Bangata. So we are quite close to each other. Like you I love to travel and has done so both for pleasure and for business. The business travel has been mostly European cities, but for pleasure I like not only Europe but also longer trips. So far I have done 10 cruises, most of them Caribean. But the two best have been 24 and 25 day African cruises. Next up will be Galaxy San Juan to Galveston, followed by a Galveston Panama turn-around in October/November.

Archived