IS This on the Pinnacle Grill Menu in the Zui Yet?

tooalto

"An exciting new signature dish, cedar planked lobster with roasted garlic scampi-butter and herb crumbs, is a delectable addition to the already amazing menu offering. Other signature entrees include chicken marsala with Washington cherries and cedar planked halibut with Alaskan king crab. "

This sound like my idea of dying and going to heaven. Has anyone seen it on the menu yet? According to HAL's Media press-release site, the date was June.

Did you get your info from my post or somewhere else?

Mine was from a press release dated 6/21 and did not mention when this would be added.

Superstein, all the Signature of Excellence improvements are being instituted over a period of time on the various ships. HAL has been very open about that. But, yes, I would think a change in food would be a lot faster to put into affect than new mattresses, so it shouldn't take too long a time to see the changes in the Pinnacle menu.

So glad they are bringing in changes in the PG, after awhile the menu gets a little boring. Also when we were on the Zaandam in April/May, there were several new dishes on the DR menu, each with a little note at the side saying new signature dish. Hopefully these will be implemented on all ships soon....jean

:)

Jean - I was just looking over the menus from our May cruise on the Maasdam and there wasn't anything marked as being a new dish. In fact everything was a dish that we have had in the past on one of those "dam" ships.

Certainly hope we get some new dished on our 21 day cruise.

:)

KK, I bet you will get some new dishes on your 21 day cruise. Our chef definitely tried to accomadate us with a different menu each night. Nothing was ever repeated, at least a different sauce or presentation on the chicken or fish dishes, plus we had lobster 4 or 5 nights.....jean

Superstein, all the Signature of Excellence improvements are being instituted over a period of time on the various ships. HAL has been very open about that. But, yes, I would think a change in food would be a lot faster to put into affect than new mattresses, so it shouldn't take too long a time to see the changes in the Pinnacle menu.

Agreed - Changing over a menu should be pretty quick I would think. Otherwise I think it would make more business sense to hold the announcement until right before the changeover. if you raise expectations and don't deliver - that can only upset people

KK yes there was lobster on the menu at all the formal nights. We had such a good chef, but for the life of me I can`t remember his name!! I need to dig our my stuff from that cruise and find out. If I find it, I`ll post his name. Also, Henk Hoeksta was our food and beverage manager, we had drinks with him most nights, and he said when pax pay top money for a longer cruise, they should have top service and menus. He did so many things to make our cruise special.....jean

Archived