Cruises cancelled due to 9/11?

AZaTaz

Not sure why you need to remind your self to remain calm when asking the question?

I ask as this is one way I can tell determine a companies customer service level.

Good point. Many passengers that I spoke to on the NCL Sun were very upset with the line, due to lack of information regarding the docking changes, from New York to Boston.

One passenger also stated, that since the Company had saved so much money on fuel, they could well afford to infom their guests about the change of the port of departure.

john

Not sure why you need to remind your self to remain calm when asking the question?

I ask as this is one way I can tell determine a companies customer service level.

Good point. Many passengers that I spoke to on the NCL Sun were very upset with the line, due to lack of information regarding the docking changes, from New York to Boston.

One passenger also stated, that since the Company had saved so much money on fuel, they could well afford to infom their guests about the change of the port of departure.

john

We cancelled our Oct. cruise that year. Lost a chunk of change, too. Just too scary since our kids were 6, 3 & 1!! Luckily we are making up for it now!

I am surprised you lost money. I know I had friends who canceled their cruise and they got a complete refund-in fact the travel agent I used at cruise.com (they had used her also) ended up leaving the travel business as she had lost so much money from the company honoring refunds-that she felt she could not make it finiacally. I guess, also, for several months business was off. We did hear from her a couple of years later as she had gone back into the travel business with another company.

Now we, on the other hand, booked a cruise last minute in early Nov. 2001-a 3 day cheapie for $189 a person-including port charges. We had not intended to cruise then as we had gone on an Alaska cruise that past May and had spent alot of money-but we felt the deal was just too good-and we were depressed-hubby's 401K had lost gobs of money (like everyone else's) and we were depressed about the world situation-and that little cruise was just what we needed for a pick-me-up!

Archived