Electrical Appliances welcome?

I was just surfin the web looking to see if i will be be sailing with a large group on my July Cruise, when i ran across VeggieTales & Friends group Cruise (not on my sailing or ship). The website had all the info about the cruise and a question & answer section...

"Question: What about electrical appliances?'

Answer: Bring them with you by all means. Aboard all the "Fun Ships" the current in the staterooms is 110 volts AC and is capable of handling all normal appliances such as electric razors, hair dryers and hot curlers. However, some appliances may require use of an adapter.

Now is it just me or could there be a veggie tale group on the ship cooking lunch in their crock pots ( or should i say, boilen the relatives) while ironing formal attire.

The ways it's worded to me it sounds like "go ahead bring them all.

just my 2 cents worth:rolleyes:

No wonder people think it's OK to bring all their appliances on board, because other websites basically tell them they can.

"Question: What about electrical appliances?'

Answer: Bring them with you by all means. ..... is capable of handling all normal appliances such as electric razors, hair dryers and hot curlers.

No, I didn't get that at all. It pretty much spells out what IS allowed, implying that other appliances are NOT allowed.;)

CD, you know how strong I am against irons and candles in cabins..and I don't see anything wrong w/what they said. Of course, I do think they should have emphasized that irons/candles are not allowed.

I love the Veggie Tales :D

In all fairness, it sounds like they were talking appliances such as razors, curlings irons and dryers... not crock pots :D LOL But I agree, they should have specified no irons allowed...

CD, you know how strong I am against irons and candles in cabins..and I don't see anything wrong w/what they said. Of course, I do think they should have emphasized that irons/candles are not allowed.

I know you are very much against it, and that's my point, it should have been emphasized that some things are not allowed.

Doesn't sound to me like they're encouraging irons or anything except the small appliances they specifically mention, but yes, it would have made sense for them to explicitly mention that irons are forbidden but available in laundry rooms. Why not just email them and suggest it? Won't do much good for us to gripe about it here.

Larry-Boy would never use an iron. And Junior Asparagus is afraid of crock-pots. And now I desperately need to hear "The Song of the Cebu" and "The Hairbrush Song" It's all your fault! (and frankly, it frightens me that I can not only name many of the VT songs, I know the lyrics too!)

Really, this is not the crowd that you have to worry about. Sounds like fun to me but unfortunately, I have a jazz festival to run that weekend....

Actually, I just called PCC and suggested they add no irons, no candles... we'll have to see if they do. Ironically, while I was on the phone with them , I got one of those annoying sales calls pitching me 2 free cruise tickets!

Larry-Boy would never use an iron. And Junior Asparagus is afraid of crock-pots. And now I desperately need to hear "The Song of the Cebu" and "The Hairbrush Song" It's all your fault! (and frankly, it frightens me that I can not only name many of the VT songs, I know the lyrics too!)

Where is my hairbrush?

Oh where is my hairbrush?

Oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where is my hairbrush?

I'm frightened too that I know the lyrics;)

Archived