Transfers

Macwoman

Has anyone ever used the transfers they offer from city to the pier. We live in CT and they offer a bus from Hartford to the pier. Just wondered what the cost would be to see if it is worth it.

Macwoman

I am typing with one hand due to recent shoulder surgery. My brain is not working so well. Princess offers bus service from Hartford to Red Hook pier. I just wonder what it cost or if it is worth the hassle. It would be about a 3 hour drive or so,plus parking. If it would save my hubby from having a bird with traffic and trying to park, it might be worth it............

zMacwman

You are asking about a Princess tansfer? You should call Princess and ask how much the bus service is.

It is not that much of a hassle to drive from CT to the Red Hook Brooklyn pier. The parking is about $19 a day (if I remember correctly) and the parking lot is right at the terminal - you have a three minute walk to get into the terminal.

It will take you less time to drive than to take Princesses transfers, because the bus may have to stop at various stops to pick up other passengers.

The time it will take to drive to the terminal depends on what day the ship is leaving. It will take you a lot less time if the ship leaves on a weekend than having to deal with the BQE on a weekday.

Macwoman, I really think you will get your answer by calling Princess or your Travel Agent. If the price is close to what the parking would cost, then the transfer is probably the way to go, provided you can easily get to the pick-up in Hartford.

Hi Macwoman,

Just in case you haven't found it, here's what the Princess site says:

"Princess' Northeast Motorcoach program includes four routes. The first travels from Washington, D.C. to Baltimore; Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia and Burlington, New Jersey. Route two runs through Pennsylvania, departing from Harrisburg and traveling to Lancaster, Reading, Allentown and Easton. The third route begins in Boston, with subsequent stops in Worcester and Springfield, Massachusetts and Hartford, Connecticut. The fourth itinerary departs from Providence, RI and travels through Connecticut with stops in New London, New Haven and Bridgeport. All routes operate in reverse as well for the post-cruise return home.

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach Service is available from May 12 to October 13, 2007. All routes feature comfortable, air-conditioned motorcoaches and can accommodate wheelchair passengers with prior notification.

Roundtrip fares for the Northeast Motorcoach Program range between $100 and $155 per person, depending on pickup location."

Here's the link: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na830

It looks like you'd be last on and first off, so it might be a good option.

Sorry about your shoulder. Hope it's better soon :) !

Archived