Guarantee vs. Assigned Cabin on Noordam

2boyzmom

To HAL Regulars- we are thinking of booking a VF guarantee quad cabin on the Noordam President's week 2008. The availabilty of quad cabins is ridiculously low on this ship. So- if I book this- do you think it may be possible to be bumped up to something really great like a suite? My theory is there will be tons of kids on board so all the quads will fill up fast so they'll need my measly VF cabin .......

IMO it's highly unlikely you'll get bumped to a suite (SA/SB/SC) or even a Superior Verandah (SS/SY/SZ), though both have happened in the past from higher level verandahs.

FWIW we booked VE GTY on the W'dam and N'dam and got bumped to VA both times.

That's a good question - I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it. HAL usually likes to keep the quad cabins open as long as possible, so you'd probably find yourself in a higher standard balcony category.

We were upgraded from a balcony to a S-suite once, but I consider that to be a very, very rare thing (unfortunately!!)

This is the first year after 13 cruises that we have not cruised President's Week (both kids are in college). The ships are always fully booked, so I doubt you would get an upgrade. How old are your kids? If you can manage with them in a separate cabin, you should price out an inside for them. It usually is not much more than the 3rd and 4th person rate. That way, they get their own bathroom, which is a big help when trying to get ready, either in the morning or dinner.

This is the first year after 13 cruises that we have not cruised President's Week (both kids are in college). The ships are always fully booked, so I doubt you would get an upgrade. How old are your kids? If you can manage with them in a separate cabin, you should price out an inside for them. It usually is not much more than the 3rd and 4th person rate. That way, they get their own bathroom, which is a big help when trying to get ready, either in the morning or dinner.

I plan on doing that in the future but not yet- age 5 and 7!

Archived