Trip insurance through credit card?

MamaParrotHead

Bought all of our airline tickets with my AmEx card. Had enrolled in a program where they charge a small fee and any travel purchases made with the card are covered by their travel insurance. We're now covered by baggage insurance, trip interruption insurance and travel delay insurance. I called and requested a pamphlet on each one. I thought about just supplementing it with some emergency medical insurance to cover us if something should happen during the cruise.

Anyone ever have or use this type of coverage?:confused:

Bought all of our airline tickets with my AmEx card. Had enrolled in a program where they charge a small fee and you're any travel purchases made with the card are covered by their travel insurance. We're now covered by baggage insurance, trip interruption insurance and travel delay insurance. I called and requested a pamphlet on each one. I thought about just supplementing it with some emergency medical insurance to cover us if something should happen during the cruise.

It's pretty limited coverage... I've used the travel delay insurance through AMEX, as I get stranded quite a bit when I am traveling in the winter... no problems. But I would definitely supplement it with the medical... the main reason I buy travel insurance is for medical evacuation... that's the biggest expense I would run up across, so it's worth it for that alone... just peace of mind.

Bought all of our airline tickets with my AmEx card. Had enrolled in a program where they charge a small fee and any travel purchases made with the card are covered by their travel insurance. We're now covered by baggage insurance, trip interruption insurance and travel delay insurance. I called and requested a pamphlet on each one. I thought about just supplementing it with some emergency medical insurance to cover us if something should happen during the cruise.

Note that (apparently) trip cancellations aren't covered. Is that something you need or want? And what's the limit on the trip interruption insurance? Is it enough to pay for a one-way, last-minute ticket from your destination back home?

Any link to the info for us to look at?

Note that (apparently) trip cancellations aren't covered. Is that something you need or want? And what's the limit on the trip interruption insurance? Is it enough to pay for a one-way, last-minute ticket from your destination back home?

If you could lose money because you, a family member or a companion gets hurt or sick and causes you to cancel or interrupt your trip, you should consider getting trip insurance.

Go to www.google.com and search for "trip insurance". You'll find some good comparison sites that offer reputable companies.

I hope this helps.

Archived