Park and Sail Hotels in Long Beach

I'll be driving down to Long Beach in September for a cruise on the Pride. I've heard that there are 'Park and Sail' or 'Park and Cruise' packages that some of the Hotels offer that allow you to drive down ahead of departure, stay overnight at their Hotel and park for 7 days, all included in the package price. I have about a 6 - 7 hour drive and was considering this option.

I've also heard that the price range is $75 - $160. Are your cars safe during that duration? Are there bad parts of Long Beach that you should stay away from?

Any help in this subject would be great.

We stayed at the Long Beach Coast Hotel before our Pride cruise. They have a Park and Sail package that also includes breakfast. The hotel is right next to the pier and there is a trolley that stops at the hotel and will take you to downtown Long Beach that has lots of restaurants. It seemed pretty safe to me although we were back at the hotel by9:00 or so.

Elise

We stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro. It was $129/night and had free parking for the duration of the cruise as well as free hotel shuttle to and from the pier. The parking was in their covered parking garage. The rooms there were quite nice with a victorian style and 12 ft ceilings. We had a harbor view. They also gave us vouchers for free breakfast and a bottle of champagne.

http://www.holidayinnsanpedro.com/cruise.htm

Archived