Trump Sonesta Resort

#1TravelMom

I stayed at the Trump Sonesta in October (though not associated with a cruise trip). The hotel is awesome. The hotel staff is probably the most attentive and welcoming of any hotel I have ever stayed.

The pool is very nice, as is the jacuzzi. There is a grotto like feel to the hot tub, and you look out onto the ocean. From the pool level, you walk down a flight of stairs to the ocean. Again, Trump staff will greet you at the bottom of the stairs, and setup a chair and umbrella for you if you like.

The linens in the room were very nice and plush (though the robe was a little lightweight). The pool towels were great.

The rooms are roomy, with a private balcony. I had a king room, with an eating area and a couch. Be sure to get an ocean view room, the view from the balcony is spectacular. Friends staying on the waterway side had no where near the view I had.

Would stay there again in a heartbeat. A little pricey, but a great overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Do You Know How Far The Resort Is From South Beach? Did There Seem To Be Much To Do Nearby? We'll Be Traveling With 2 Teens. I'm Looking To Book For June And Found A Rate Of $160 Night - Seems Like A Good Rate To Me???

We were there last July with another family and had 3 teens total all 16-18. I agree with everything above. We are seasoned/spoiled travelers and LOVED the Sonesta. For the teens there is a shuttle to south beach or the mall that we felt safe letting them go on their own with schedules and cell phones. If you head north there are some fantastic restaurants.

I wouldn't eat much there as the restaurants were EXTREMELY expensive but we had a bar area with a sink and refer etc and walked accross the street to grab some supplies. We were there about 5 days and that helped.

Oh, they sell a beach activity package, jet skies, parasail, hobie cats etc that paid off well for the teen and the adults enjoyed it also.

The rooms and service, both beautiful.....can you say evian sprits and orange smoothies by the pool boys wandering around??????

Go for it and let us know how you enjoy!

• 1 month later...

How did you get to the port after staying there? I think it looks like a great place, I'm just concerned about how much it will cost for transportation from Miami airport and then to the port. We were going to stay at the Intercontinental, but this property looks like it offers so much more to do. I'd would be very grateful to anyone that could share transportation info.

I would have the hotel set you up with transportation to the pier. Depending on how many people and luggage a private car or shuttle could work. We used a private limo from Fort Lauderdale to Port of MIA recently and the company was awesome....Holland Limo company.

• 10 years later...
Is this the Sonesta hotel in Fort Lauderdale? We are considering it and looking for reviews from people who have stayed there.

This thread is 10 yrs old so things may have changed check out tripadvisor for reviews