Cruising Alaska---Connecting room questions?

CRB#33

I'm reading that Princess is the way to go if you book a cruisetour to Alaska.

However, I need (want) balconies and connecting rooms, one that sleeps 3 and one that sleeps two. We are a "blended" family, so there is really no other option for us.

I'm not seeing this option on any of the ship's deck plans that sail to Alaska. I've looked at the Diamond, Coral and Dawn.

Is there something I'm missing or is this going to keep me from booking Princess and going to RCL?

Thanks for your help. :)

I understand there are no connecting doors between cabins on Princess, however, there are connecting balconies. It is very easy for your room steward to open the connector between any two or more (we're doing three connecting in November on CP. But be sure to bring a couple of bungee straps with you -- they tend to swing and bang if seas are rough at all but they can be secured with a strap.

Bob

If you book either the Sapphire or the Diamond, you can get what is called a "Family Suite". It has interconnecting staterooms with a balcony. The cost is less than 2 rooms with a balcony. I would ask your TA about this.

Thanks everyone!

The family suite looks perfect! I can see the layout when I click on the "staterooms" section on Princess's site, however when I go to the deck plans, there is no "family suite" in the plan.

Does anyone know which ones they are?

Thanks again!

I believe there are only two family suites on either of these ships, which is also the case with the Caribbean Princess. We're booked for a November sailing to the eastern caribbean, and the two family suites on the Caribbean Princess are on the Dolphin Desk, all the way to the front of the ship. So check the deck plan for the Dolphin deck.

According to the Princess Alaska brochure, both Coral and Island Princess have a few connecting cabins, A624/631 and A704/722, but I personally don't think much of their location, adjacent to the Children/Teen areas, aft on Aloha deck.

I don't know if these might fit your needs or not.

Michael

I think up high, near the pools, is as good as it gets for the Golden Gate Bridge, particularly if the Captain blows the whistle (horn) in salute to the pedestrians on the bridge waving "bon voyage".

Also up high, you can see the highlights of Fisherman's Wharf, Fort Mason, the Presidio, and Fort Point on the port side of the ship, and Alcatraz, Angel Island, and the Marin headlands on the starboard side of the ship.

Michael

You're welcome CRB#33. My understanding about the dolphin deck is that it is entirely open to the elements AND exposed to all the balconies above you. The nice thing about the family suite is that you have two separate bathrooms, which is probably pretty important when you're traveling as a "blended family".

Archived