Can I switch my tip to alternative dinning?

redneck_dan

My wife and I are planning to not use the main dinning room because we will be with a 2 year old. We are telling our agent to not assign us to a table. The question is how do I switch the tip money to alternative dinning? Can I do that at the purser’s office or will I have to eliminate the tip at the pursers and tip ever day to the alternative dinning servers? I want to know so I know what kind of cash to bring.

KK is correct. You can remove all tips from your S&S account at the purser's desk.

Just bear in mind that your cabin STEWARD was included in the automatic tipping. He definitely should still receive $3.50 per person per day from you. You could give it to him at one time, or on a daily basis.

(Just a thought: Even though you have chosen to have all meals on Lido, it's a shame you won't be able to enjoy some of the wonderful food in the dining room. Maybe you could try it just one night? They'll provide a high chair for your little one, and should the child get fussy, you could leave. The food is SO delicious, I just hate for y'all to miss it.):)

Its a shame to tie up a table if they only used it once. Is your daughter old enough to use the Camp? Maybe put her to camp during the dining hours so you can enjoy the dining room experience too.

But if you have no intentions of using the dining room...follow through with your agent to make sure you dont get a table assignment. That way it will free up your space and those waiters wont go without the tips for the week.

The people who work the buffet are waiters and asst waiters on their day off on the rotating shift.

"cotton" is right. Try to make the main dining .it really is good. This is one of the best parts of the vacation for me . Try to put you 2 yr old in the camp for the dinner hour. Or else they do have high chairs. You will not regret it. Julianna will love it too :) :) :)

You might want to rethink this. We went on a cruise several years ago with our daughter and her husband (and their 2 year old daughter). We had all our meals in the dining room. I honestly think the meals were our granddaughters favorite part of the cruise. The wait staff and matre' d's (spelling??) absoluely loved her and treated her like a little princess. Every evening they had a bowl of strawberries waiting for her. They would sing songs to her and she would draw pictures for them. Some of these wait staff miss their own children so much, they loved the opportunity to be around little ones. You may be surprised at how much your little one will love it. We are going again in January, granddaughter is now 8 and she is so looking forward to the dining room and all the "awesome" waiters.

You should definitely try to eat in the dining room! The waitors do make a big fuss over the little ones. And many people use Camp Carnival during dinnertime (the kids are fed there I believe). Dinner is okay at the Lido but nothing like the dining room.

Archived