Mini liquor bottles ok in carry-on?

mandiecandie5

According to the TSA website, allowed in carry-on: Beverages brought from home or purchased before reaching the security checkpoint in a 3 oz. or smaller container and in your quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.

Beverages are not further defined, so a standard 50ml mini-liquor bottle which contains 1.691 oz. would be allowed as long as it was in a quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.

One additional clarification when it comes to alcohol. As noted on another board, it must be 70 percent alcohol (140 proof) or less for both carry-on and checked luggage. Usually, not a problem. See the more detailed TSA rules here.

Thanks for the comments. I had read the same information on some other posts but it seems unclear when it comes to liquor, like it could be an exception to the rule? No major loss if they take it, will just have to resort to buying the overpriced drinks onboard! :rolleyes:

According to the TSA website, allowed in carry-on: Beverages brought from home or purchased before reaching the security checkpoint in a 3 oz. or smaller container and in your quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.

Beverages are not further defined, so a standard 50ml mini-liquor bottle which contains 1.691 oz. would be allowed as long as it was in a quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.

The TSA only allows one zip lock bag - so not many bottles go in there!

We just returned from a trip and were able to take one zip lock bag per person with mini bottles of crown royal on the plane. My son had two bags and all they did was ask him if anyone in his group didn't have a zip lock. I didn't, so they gave his extra bag to me to carry on.

I'm wondering if its ok to bring those mini liquor bottles (50mL) in the carry-on? :o

We're on Delta, Copenhagen to San Juan via Atlanta, which as I understand Delta does not offer free liquor to coach throughout the flight. Just wine with dinner?

You can bring them, but if I read your question correctly they MAY NOT BE CONSUMED ON BOARD.

If you are found to consume alcohol that is not purchased from the airline it will likely be confiscated and you could face potential fines or other penalties.

Archived