Mariner of the Seas - Feb. sailing--Weather?

Pack summery clothes! It is the tropics and sub-tropics, after all! You may want a light sweater or jacket for evenings on deck--even in the summer, the wind chills me a bit! Slacks or capris for evening, when it's not formal will work just fine!

Hi. I'll be cruising to Labadee, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios and Cozumel during the middle of February, and I'm wondering what kind of temperatures to expect -- what type of clothes to pack. Anyone know? Thanks~

MicheleAMW - I'll be on the Mariner, same itinerary, in less than 2 weeks. From what I have been told you shouldn't worry about the weather being lousy.

I'll be sure to come back and post an update of the cruise when I get back. :)

Looking forward to your review too! I'll be on the Mariner's (western) at the end of February - cannot wait!!!

By the way, what type of clothes should be worn in the dining room (I'm not talking formal or casual!)? What I mean is, I've heard it can be cool, but would capris and a cute t-shirt be warm enough (on casual nights!)? Or would the average person be more comfortable in pants? How about long sleeves?

Hi there,

We were on Mariner last Feb, you're going to love it!

The weather was mostly warm, and hot in Cozumel. You won't need sweaters or pants but it wasn't over the top hot either. I packed 'just in case' cooler weather clothes and never needed them. I'm a little bit of a heat nut so 80 degrees isn't good enough for me, lol. I would say most days were in the 80's, high 80's in Grand Cayman and 90's in Cozumel. It can get windy though on board.

Have fun!

Kim

By the way, what type of clothes should be worn in the dining room (I'm not talking formal or casual!)? What I mean is, I've heard it can be cool, but would capris and a cute t-shirt be warm enough (on casual nights!)? Or would the average person be more comfortable in pants? How about long sleeves?

I don't think you'll need long sleeves in the dining room. I would suggest pairing the capris with a nice blouse. I'm personally taking a light cardigan sweater to wear on deck, in the ice rink, and theater.

snwbnnyinoz - Yep - I'm on that cruise! This is a first for my husband and I - we can't wait to enjoy some one-on-one time with each other!

jessi1832 - Thanks for the attire advice! I've read so many different things about the dining room temperature - from comfortable in summer attire to sweater wear! I know it's an individual thing, but I do appreciate your advice!

You are going to love it Michelle. We've gone a cruise every year since we tried our first and now have my brother and sister in law hooked too.

It is a great way to spend one on one time. We have a balcony this time. Always got just oceanviews before but the balcony was cheaper than oceanview and I'm figuring that we won't go back to oceanview once experiencing having a balcony.

The best way to describe the feeling of a cruise that I found is that it is like going on a great road trip without having all the stuff about a road trip that you don't like. (the driving and packing and unpacking).

snwbunnyinoz - I've heard many great things about cruising - and a few negative ones. I'm hoping to at least like it, but not enough to become completely addicted (I have too many expensive hobbies as it is! lol).

We have a balcony cabin - can't wait! I think it will be a nice place to hang out when we need some down time.

I'm really, REALLY looking forward to the "no-planning" part of vacation - I don't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, etc. All I have to do is go and enjoy!

Do you have any advice for a first time cruiser?

The one piece of advice that I got before my first cruise was:

Do as much or as little as you feel like doing. No one cares if you did every activity on the ship or just sat around enjoying the weather for a week. So do whatever you feel like and when you feel like doing it.

Believe me you will either LOVE cruising or Hate it. It will become an addiction if you do love it. LOL!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived