Best Bar/Cafe in St Thomas to meet friends ..

KittyLiXX

WooHoo - 10 days and counting... :)

Hubby and I travelling on the NCL Jewel 1/14/07 - Ironically, friends on the Carribbean Princess at the same time with same day/time stops in St. Thomas. We would like to meet them for a cocktail somewhere with walking distance of the ships ( Don't know which port either ship docks , Havensite or other ) ... Any suggestions as to where we should meet ?? Thanks a million !!

Perfect spot would be the Delly Dock restaurant. It's at the Havensight shops right at the peir so in walking distance. They have a huge menu and the food/portions are good (at least on our visit last month). Also, they serve the super yummy bushwacker drink that the restaurant at Paradise Point is famous for so you can avoid the tram fee if all you want is the drink. And they also have a yummy shot drink called Juicy Froot (tht's how it's spelled) that tastes similar to juicy fruit gum.

Thanks so much for the recommendation !!

That's exactly the type of place we are looking for - outrageous and fun cocktails - -and it sounds pretty famous so won't be hard to find... I just wish there was a Carlos and Charlies on every island :rolleyes: :D I love that place !!

Lainie

I would meet someplace downtown, as the Caribbean Princess will dock at Crown Bay, and the Jewel will probably dock at Havensight. They are about three to four miles apart, Crown Bay is about a mile or two west of town, and Havensight is about the same east.

I would meet someplace downtown, as the Caribbean Princess will dock at Crown Bay, and the Jewel will probably dock at Havensight. They are about three to four miles apart, Crown Bay is about a mile or two west of town, and Havensight is about the same east.

Thanks for that info - That will change everything !! Nothing is simple anymore :o - We were just tryng to meet up for a simple cocktail (or 5) after beaching !!

On teh subject of Crown Bay , Does Crown Bay have the same amount of private excursion hawkers etc?? I have friends on the Carib Princess on 2/18 and I'll give them the heads up that they are not docking in Havensight ... and maybe should book their excursions on St Thomas in advance...

The Greenhouse, in town, would be convenient to both ships, and if you're lucky, you can get a table with a view of the harbor. They have drink specials every day, and a fairly standard casual lunch menu. If both parties are going to a beach, the taxi driver can drop you off there after beach, and you can then decide if you want to walk back to your ship or take another taxi. The fare for either ship should be $4 per person.

Archived