Triumph lately ???

Joie

We are thinking of Sailing the Triumph.....this will be our 4th Carnival cruise, and we like sailing from New Orleans...........but haven't seen much talk about the Triumph lately. Anybody sailed her lately...and how was it.

I would think she is almost ready to be refurbished soon....anyone know ???

Thanks

We were on the Triumph last year it had just been refurbished Oct/Nov '05 We had a great time http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554464993PkzaJX here is a link to some pictures from our trip. We went to San Juan. St.Thomas and St. Marten. Athough the ship was packed it didnt seem crowded.(went during spring break) We had an inside quad and there are some pictures of it.

My wife and I are also leaving Saturday on the Triumph. From all of the postings and reviews that I have read in the last 9 months we are very excited about our cruise. I will also write a review as soon as I get back home.:) :)

We were on board in the ship's inaugural year (99 or00) and just recently in January 2006 and I think it was fantastic. We were lucky the first time to be on a relaly new ship, however, I did not notice much had changed. However, we are fairly easy-going, middle class people and did not try to find every imperfection we could! We sure had a great time, met great people and the service was fab! Have fun!!:p

We're going on the Triumph for the second time this April! All I can suggest is go to the CCL site, and look up the deck plans for this ship. I did for the last cruise, and found it most helpful. No matter what, it's kind of fun exploring the ship and getting lost and finding out where the heck you are!;)

We're going on the Triumph for the second time this April! All I can suggest is go to the CCL site, and look up the deck plans for this ship. I did for the last cruise, and found it most helpful. No matter what, it's kind of fun exploring the ship and getting lost and finding out where the heck you are!;)

I agree . . . with the exception of all cabin decks, you have to go up, down, over, around and up and down again. Lots of fun to explore and once you get the hang of it . . . if nothing else . . . you do get lots of exercise (that is unless you use the elevators) . . . :p

I have sailed on the Valor and I hate that there are many decks that you cannot go all the way front the front to the back. I wish there was a deck that you could go all the way around the ship like on other ships. For 399 pp who cares, Party time.

We just got done sailing on the Triumph on 12/16-12/23..There is wear & tear on the stage area around some elevators. The Chinese food are had to move to the pool side for there was a major water leak in that area of the South Beach club. None of the hot tubs worked the entire cruise & IF you eat in the Paris Dining room in the back the intercom is not working. Other then that WE had a Great Cruise on the Triumph..

• 2 weeks later...
WE went on the 12/23-30 sailing and the service and the food was poor read this http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=24519

Ouchie. Sounds like a cruise from hell. I am planning a cruise on her in september out of new orleans. I sure hope there is different staff then. I tend to be mouthy when face to face with an aggressor..handicapped or not lol...be my luck to run into a mean drunk too. I commend you for standing your ground on not putting out your cigarette that particular time. Looks like they were just aching for some drama that day. I feel like if someone doesn't like the smoke..then they shouldn't be on the smoking side. I certainly wouldn't go over to the non smoking side and light up. Sounds like security worked on you since they probably were afraid of the drunk showing out on them. Too bad they put forth their comfort at passengers expense. i would of withdrew my tip too. Reading this, I have changed my mind about pre paying mine this trip. I usually pay mine when I book..but looks like I best wait and see what happens.

I have sailed on the holiday and the fantasy and loved all of those. Hopefully my experience on this one will be positive as it will be my mothers first cruise..I would love for her to really enjoy it.

We just returned from the Jan. 6 sailing and found the ship to be in very good shape. Best of all were the friendly crew and we had the very best dinning waitstaff as well as room stewardess. I miss being there already. I might add that you must have the chocolate melting cake for dinner. MMmmmm!

Archived