Anyone who has been on Best Of St. Maarten Island & Beach Combo

Attack Dog

I noticed that on Carnival's website it says that "The Best Of St. Maarten & Beach Combo Island & Beach Tour" stops in Marigot near an open air market. Is this the area in Marigot where local products such as hats, jewelry, dolls, etc. are sold in a flea market style setting? Also which beach does the tour stop at. The information was vague on the website.:confused: Please help. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
I noticed that on Carnival's website it says that "The Best Of St. Maarten & Beach Combo Island & Beach Tour" stops in Marigot near an open air market. Is this the area in Marigot where local products such as hats, jewelry, dolls, etc. are sold in a flea market style setting? Also which beach does the tour stop at. The information was vague on the website.:confused: Please help. Thanks.

I hate to answer my own question. However, I don't feel like searching for someone else who asked this same question earlier.

In Marigot the tour stops at the flea market like area. There are some awesome deals there on goods.

The beach stop is Boo Boo Jam. Boo Boo Jam is a section of Orient Beach. If anyone is concerned about nudity their was some nudity but not a lot. (4 topless women in 1 1/2 hours)

I don't think that I ever said that I was offended or that I didn't approve of your screen-name.

You posted that after several days no one was responding to your original question, and I merely suggested that perhaps it was because of your screen-name, nothing less, nothing more.

I believe that you never received a response to your original question.

gary

I hate to answer my own question. However, I don't feel like searching for someone else who asked this same question earlier.

In Marigot the tour stops at the flea market like area. There are some awesome deals there on goods.

The beach stop is Boo Boo Jam. Boo Boo Jam is a section of Orient Beach. If anyone is concerned about nudity their was some nudity but not a lot. (4 topless women in 1 1/2 hours)

I think that Gary had his tongue planted firmly in his cheek. Anyway, BooBoo Jam is at the other end of Orient Beach, close to the Mont Vernon Hotel, which we stayed at some years back. It was quite noisy one night when they had an outdoor party. Other than that, pretty quiet place. But this was 7 years ago so who knows now.

The Mont Vernon is at the North end of the Beach and Club O is at the South end of the beach and very few of the strolling nekkid people go that far on their walks since there are very few people on the beach at this point which defeats one of the purposes for their strolls.:D

I got there and their in 1 sentence, my grammar teacher would be PROUD of me.:)

I think that Gary had his tongue planted firmly in his cheek. Anyway, BooBoo Jam is at the other end of Orient Beach, close to the Mont Vernon Hotel, which we stayed at some years back. It was quite noisy one night when they had an outdoor party. Other than that, pretty quiet place. But this was 7 years ago so who knows now.

The Mont Vernon is at the North end of the Beach and Club O is at the South end of the beach and very few of the strolling nekkid people go that far on their walks since there are very few people on the beach at this point which defeats one of the purposes for their strolls.:D

I got there and their in 1 sentence, my grammar teacher would be PROUD of me.:)

LOL. I have the same problem with grammer and spelling sometimes.

• 8 months later...

My husband & I took this excursion on the Glory the week that Olga formed right on top of the Glory and we were diverted to San Juan and missed St. Thomas. The excursion did not leave until 12:00 which was late for us early risers. We had already taken the water taxi and been into town and visited a few shops we had gone to the last time in St. Marteen. We chose this excursion because I wanted to spend time in Margiot and my husband didn't want us to take a taxi on our own. The bus was nice and the drive slow. The first stop was a gift shop, I presume owned by the tour company. Next a road side look over....beautiful but sort of a waste of time. Once at Margoit we were told we had 30 minutes......it was Wed. and the market was packed but 30 minutes is hardly time. As our trip continued on to our beach time, the buses A/C was broken and the temperture was starting to raise. We arrived at Boo Boo Jam...the far end of Orient Beach. The bus driver had arranged to have someone come to fix bus. Beach and Beach bar was nice enough but beach very unprotected and waters very ruff. We paid 67$ each for trip but a lady from beach bar wanted 10$ for chairs......I'm use to having to pay for chairs but not after having paid Carnival so much...we spent the rest of our time sitting in the bar.....shower's had holes in walls and very dirt.....bar staff not very nice. On the way back we met a very nice man in front of us on bus who had been a trainer on the Cinn. Reds world seriss team in 1970......talking to him made up for bad experience on beach. Almost back to port, at dusk, we ran into an accident and our bus driver had to back up road 3/4 of a mile, up hill, the wrong way! An adventure! We will not do Carinval excursions again.

My husband & I took this excursion on the Glory the week that Olga formed right on top of the Glory and we were diverted to San Juan and missed St. Thomas. The excursion did not leave until 12:00 which was late for us early risers. We had already taken the water taxi and been into town and visited a few shops we had gone to the last time in St. Marteen. We chose this excursion because I wanted to spend time in Margiot and my husband didn't want us to take a taxi on our own. The bus was nice and the drive slow. The first stop was a gift shop, I presume owned by the tour company. Next a road side look over....beautiful but sort of a waste of time. Once at Margoit we were told we had 30 minutes......it was Wed. and the market was packed but 30 minutes is hardly time. As our trip continued on to our beach time, the buses A/C was broken and the temperture was starting to raise. We arrived at Boo Boo Jam...the far end of Orient Beach. The bus driver had arranged to have someone come to fix bus. Beach and Beach bar was nice enough but beach very unprotected and waters very ruff. We paid 67$ each for trip but a lady from beach bar wanted 10$ for chairs......I'm use to having to pay for chairs but not after having paid Carnival so much...we spent the rest of our time sitting in the bar.....shower's had holes in walls and very dirt.....bar staff not very nice. On the way back we met a very nice man in front of us on bus who had been a trainer on the Cinn. Reds world seriss team in 1970......talking to him made up for bad experience on beach. Almost back to port, at dusk, we ran into an accident and our bus driver had to back up road 3/4 of a mile, up hill, the wrong way! An adventure! We will not do Carinval excursions again.

Yep, the bus excursion is a mistake. Take a taxi tour. I always take a taxi or taxi tour in St.Martin. The taxi drivers are pretty good. Did that two weeks ago. The taxi took us to the beach. Picked us up and took us to Mairgot. After a while there took us back to Philipsburg. The driver took care of us all day. At the end of the day we paid her. It cost us $22 each.

Archived