Thinking about trying the Westerdam

E91

While I know these are "sister ships" can we expect any difference from our 2 previous trips on the Zuiderdam? I am assuming cookie cutter sameness - which is good. Any differences to take note of? Thanks in advance.

We were on the Z Sept 05 and on the W for Thanksgiving 06. It was all very much the same. A couple of things were missing on the W, tho. But I'm not sure if it was because it was a year later and cuts were made or if it was a difference in ships.

On the Z we were offered HOT canapes (can't spell h'or doveres : ) in the lounges before dinner each evening--cold ones on the W.

In Explorers Lounge we had FLAMING Spanish Coffee after dinner each evening on the Z. On the W the coffee was not flamed--missed that.

On the Z the lounges had roasted mixed nuts available at all times--I picked out the cashews, DH ate everything else. On the W they had dry roasted peanuts--not my favorite--in the lounges. The only time we had mixed nuts was at the repeaters party.

Still it was a wonderful cruise and I would go back in a heartbeat! You will love every minute--just bring your own mixed nuts! Marti

The colors on the Westerdam are much nicer and softer.

Many of the ships are no longer offering hot appetizers. We didn't have any on our Oct/Nov Volendam cruises.

Flaming coffees are also disappearning from all ships.

Only time we have had mixed nuts in the last year has been at the Captain's Welcome Reception and the Mariner's Party -- not in any lounges.

Archived