What's with all this junk on posts , too much unneeded stuff!!

Maryandi

Why is it the people whom have the least to say-just post for posting sake-have the longest brag lines for all their past and future cruises.

All these old (already gone) ships from the 80-90's- flashing lights-swimming animals-wedding pix-you name it !!

IMHO - makes you look like you have no life-and/or - like to show off your technical ability.

This is not the only board but it sure is irritating !

1) I think the OP was talking about the same thing as the "extreme signatures" thread a couple months back.

2) Is the OP on dial up (speed issue)? Is that the issue or is it just the fact that folks has so much stuff listed?

3) I like my Paratrooper and he's not going anywhere!

liv... I just un-clicked the 3 options to see if this will work. I do not see your paratrooper, nor do I see my list or our aviatars. This is all the OP has to do. Well, now I must go and click back on, because I like to see them all. It is boring with just a few typed lines on each post. IMHO :)

I agree Voyager. I could care less how long someones signature is. They might have a ship listed that I'm considering and they could provide some good information. Plus, IMO the graphics one puts in their signature is a "picture" of their personality!

InCharge - Ok, so I'm an idiot LOL!! I'm still getting used to these new boards (Love'em) and there are so many things I haven't bothered to look at! Thanks for the info!!

Hi Wowzo. Seems you're relatively new here. Hopefully, you can get things set up the way you want - and actually enjoy being here. You may have some interesting input and/or learn a lot, but griping about the setup isn't the way to start things off. Ease up man, enjoy life.:)

One man's junk is another man's treasure. I love all the pics and history in the signatures. :D It is great that the new board is set up so those who are irritated with our creativity and personality, can just ignore it. ;)

Wowzo,

I did indeed "get a life". About 20 years ago.

The one or two hours a day I spend on this board and many others like it while also watching the news is nothing compared to the 6 to 8 hours I used to spend in a bar every day some 20 years ago. Here I've met many good friends and continue to learn more about my favorite vacation, a cruise. And I don't have to tip anyone. :D :D :D

And even you'd have to admit, the dolphins are cute :D come on !

I must have the little cute guys shut off but sigs on. I have to click the address to see everyone's cute endings. Why complain about someone else's sig or pictures? I think it helps and is cool to see what ships people have sailed on.

DITTO -- what everyone else said! :D

Hey Cotton! Wowzo isn't new,just changed the name.

Well, I know it isn't Robby, because I understood the post the first time without having to re-read it! ;)

INCHARGE, is that your cute little self in the picture?? I can hardly see you!

glrounds, we'll accept your tips anytime you wanna give them! :) (And YES, cuter dolphins, I've never seen!)

How do I add a picture the right size to be my avator?? I've tried, but it keeps saying that the image is too large and must be a maximum of 80 x 80 pixels... What the &%#@ is a pixel anyway? :) I'm really not computer illiterate.....

How do I add a picture the right size to be my avator?? I've tried, but it keeps saying that the image is too large and must be a maximum of 80 x 80 pixels... What the &%#@ is a pixel anyway? :) I'm really not computer illiterate.....
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had trouble! I had to keep cropping and shrinking my picture until it worked! And I don't know pixel from #*@! :D (Guess that means I'm of NO help to you!)

Quote:

Hey Cotton! Wowzo isn't new,just changed the name.

Well, I know it isn't Robby, because I understood the post the first time without having to re-read it! ;)

Really it's two prior names...rycol and travelguide. xoxo:D

cruisemom2...Yep, that's me! pholter..I didn't know how to size this darn thing either! I had to get help from one of my buddies on the Destiny thread. I wanted to get the ship in the background, that's why it's so small. Sorry to iritate some folks with my aviatar and list of cruises. :( I am soooo bad :) I have never heard anyone assume that people were showing off by listing their cruises. I enjoy the lists because many times I will see a ship on someones' list that I have a question about.

Gary: I LOVE the dolphins---hope you keep them for a long time And I'd do something like that to my sig if I knew how! I hate to say how long it took me to finally get an avatar of my "own" up there :o :p (I'm not even all that happy with my choice, but I'd hate to have to start over again---LOL)

Count me as one who likes to see the listings of cruises others have been on. I think it lends a real "credibility" to a persons postings when they speak about specifics on a ship they've obviously been on recently.

cruisemom2...Yep, that's me! pholter..I didn't know how to size this darn thing either! I had to get help from one of my buddies on the Destiny thread. I wanted to get the ship in the background, that's why it's so small. Sorry to iritate some folks with my aviatar and list of cruises. :( I am soooo bad :) I have never heard anyone assume that people were showing off by listing their cruises. I enjoy the lists because many times I will see a ship on someones' list that I have a question about.

Must have been Jeff (OctoberDestiny)- he's so helpful! Maybe I can talk him into helping me too ;) Love the picture! I can't wait to explore the Southern route myself, but I have to wait until October :(

Archived