23 May Alaska Cruise on Mariner

C&R Kitty

Very true, there should be no reason to get a hotel room. We'll store our stuff and go explore. For those new to Regent and cruising (and anyone else who would like to join us), I'd suggest we meet on-board for a beverage. We can pick a time and place later. There are three of us, my wife and I, mid-forties, and my mother-in-law, 71. We are scheduled to be in cabin 817.

• 1 month later...

Well, we've signed up for two excursions, the Tracy Arm cruise and panning for gold. We have a whale watching trip as part of our package. This should be enough trips for a first Alaska cruise since we are mainly interested in experiencing the ship. We'll do a much longer cruise and land tour later.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I will be on the Mariner May 23 and this will be his first cruise ever and my first cruise since the eighties when I was fourteen years old (that was back when my family traveled on Carnival). Regents sounds amazing and we can't wait! We're hoping for lovely scenery, fabulous food, some great wildlife and a heavy dose of romance (we're celebraiting an anniversary). I've been happy to learn that we probably won't be the only thirty-somethings on board. Regardless, everyone who has written has vibrant stories and wonderful advice. Thanks so much for sharing!

I am surprised by the Noon disembarkation. The embarkation for our cruise (on 5/30) is 2:30pm with a 5:00pm sailing. Of course, with our 12:21pm arrival in Anchorage and a 3hr bus ride we will probably be late anyway!

Purplegrrrl,

We are on the Mariner May 23 cruise also. Our group "brackets" you. My wife and I are 50ish but our sons are 19 and 22. The 19 year old will be more than willing to party if the opportunity presents itself.

Hope to meet up with you on the ship.

We are on the June 13th cruise SB from Anchorage to Vancouver and so very excited. All of you new crusiers (and experienced ones as well) be sure and post during or after your cruise of May 23 so that we can take advantage of the things you learned, places you went. etc. One piece of advice that we received regarding excursions was not to do the Capts Choice Wildlife. We appreciated the info as that was one we were considering. We did prebook our excursions so as to make sure the ones we wanted would not be filled up. It is a big anniversary for us so we are splurging. The only bad thing is when we start at the top it might be hard to ever go on any of the other lines;) in the future!

Keep us posted!

Archived