Purchase of liquor for cabin use???

Some other lines allow you to purchase a 'package' of liquor (1liter) and a 6 pack of mixers (Coke, tonic, etc...) for delivery to your cabin. That way you can make your own cocktails and/or entertain in your cabin.

Does RCCL offer something like this????

I guess I am a little confused-- on AOS is there any way to enjoy cocktails or a bottle of champagne in your room without having to go to a bar first? (I don't want to bring bottles of liquor on board myself). Does room service have a list of bottles (at least wine and champagne?) Thanks for any info--

I think the only way now is to sneak the liqour onboard in your checked luggage. Supposedly, RCI has a zero tolerance policy for liquor brought onboaard or in the cabin but, I've to date I've never seen them do anything about it.

There was an incident on our last cruise that could have turned into another Smith case (according to the guy involved and on the other side of the arguement from his girlfriend/fiance) but RCI didn't really do anything to either of them. They did move him out of the cabin and told them to have no contact with each other, like that would ever happen on a ship a sea. They did take the liquor from their room but only AFTER the girlfriend used it as a weapon and ratted him out for having it.

Now, whether the guy telling the story was telling the truth or not I can't say. It was an interesting story.

ship2ship,

Yes you can order wine or champagne and have it delivered to your room. Go ahead and pre-order it before you board right here...just click on the link to the wine cellar.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/home.do;jsessionid=00001rsmEAVwrC8DnSaxIu8LbIs:10ktmer4a

As for the OP, I don't think there is a legitimate way to get a bottle of liquor in your room. I have been told in the past by someone at this forum that you should see the manager of bar services, I don't think that's the exact title for this person, and ask him or her if they can arrange this for you. It is claimed that they will do it. I can't verify this from experience. Maybe it depends on the ship, the person's mood, or the way you ask. I'd be willing to give it a try on a week long cruise.

Although I'm willing just to bring a small bottle in my checked luggage since that is more than enough for our needs...I mean our desires. We don't really "need" it. ;)

ship2ship,

Ordering wine or champagne from room service is fine, but if you think you will drink 5 or more bottles on the entire cruise you may want to consider the wine package. It saves you money. I don't remember the exact quantities that you can purchase, but I know the smallest package is 5 bottles, then 7 bottles. I'm not sure how large the largest package is. They have different levels of wine to choose from...the lowest level gives the fewest choices of reds, whites, and champagne. The middle level gives more choices, and the highest level gives the most choices. You must purchase the wine package on board the ship, and every cruise I've been on only sold the packages on the first day...by the time dinner was served at 6pm on the first night the packages were no longer available. Some nights we didn't want wine with dinner, but we wanted to enjoy it out on deck, so we went to a bar and got the bottle and glasses to go. Hope this helps.

Last time I was on AOS was about 4 or 5 years ago, and when I went to the general store if I remember correctly if you purchase alcohol and want to drink it in your cabin they charge an extra fee, unless you buy one of the expensive bottles like Johhny Blue or LouisXIII. I don't know if policy has changed or not since then.

About 3 weeks before we embarked, I ordered (online) 2 bottles of champagne for sailaway, 2 bottles of white wine and 2 bottles of red wine for in-cabin use for the week. We also purchased one of the wine packages once we boarded for dinner each evening.

More expensive than taking your own, certainly, but very easy. I do miss taking our own selections, but we found some pretty decent choices on the list.

I refuse to tell you how, or if, we smuggled any other alcoholic beverages ;) .

About 3 weeks before we embarked, I ordered (online) 2 bottles of champagne for sailaway, 2 bottles of white wine and 2 bottles of red wine for in-cabin use for the week. We also purchased one of the wine packages once we boarded for dinner each evening.

More expensive than taking your own, certainly, but very easy. I do miss taking our own selections, but we found some pretty decent choices on the list.

I refuse to tell you how, or if, we smuggled any other alcoholic beverages ;) .

Do they give you some kind of a punch card? or something? do you pick up a bottle at your leisure from the bar? or do you get all the bottles from the package delivered to your cabin?

Do they give you some kind of a punch card? or something? do you pick up a bottle at your leisure from the bar? or do you get all the bottles from the package delivered to your cabin?

The bottles were all waiting for us when we got to our cabin (the ones we purchased for in cabin consumption). The wine package for the dining room was purchased at a desk set up for that purpose when we boarded. My brother-in-law did purchase theirs from the bar server the first night of dinner. Each night, our waiter would provide us with a list of bottles to choose from. My BIL chose a different category than we did, so had different bottles than us each night. They also missed two dinners, one they slept through, another she came, but he wasn't feeling well, so she had a glass of our wine. Long story getting too long.....they ended up not drinking 3 bottles of their package and were presented with the unopened wine to take home. A rather expensive way of buying a bottle of wine, but it couldn't be helped!

Yes, we are a bunch of winos :eek:

Perhaps I should edit to say this, but you can specify, when you order on line, if you want the wine delivered to your cabin or served in the dining room.

Thank you, now I understand. :) I have always noticed the wine package table the first day. I will do the on-line order before the cruise for cabin cunsumption...;)

Archived