3* hotwire hotel for $99 Spring break (3/4/07)

emilyrose

Hi, I just started looking for hotels for our precruise stay on March 4, which is the first Sunday of Spring Break for 80% of the colleges (including mine).

I found a hotwire hotel 3* for $99 in Miami airport area. I feel like I should jump on it but I just started looking. I have looked enough to see that $99 is good, but is it good enough to buy now? It shows the regular property price at $296 (rack rate I assume). Which is a 67% discount, much higher % than the other properties.

I've never bought from Hotwire... what do ya'll think?

Random thought, should I assume I will have to pay for parking in the MIA area? We are renting a car.

Have a look at betterbidding.com after you've noted the amenities (via the icons shown) that are mentioned in your hotel for $99 . You'll more than likely be able to find out what hotel it is that you're thinking about booking - then check the ratings for the hotel on tripadvisor before you make your decision. It seems like a pretty good price for that date:).

P.S. I just did some investigating, and it looks like the hotel in question is the Holiday Inn Miami Airport. Hotwire is sometimes easy to "see through" by checking their packages and then comparing the amenities for the hotel offered. Of course, I can't offer any guaranty, but do check out betterbidding for more information. To find out about parking fees, check the HI website.

Hi, I just started looking for hotels for our precruise stay on March 4, which is the first Sunday of Spring Break for 80% of the colleges (including mine).

I found a hotwire hotel 3* for $99 in Miami airport area. I feel like I should jump on it but I just started looking. I have looked enough to see that $99 is good, but is it good enough to buy now? It shows the regular property price at $296 (rack rate I assume). Which is a 67% discount, much higher % than the other properties.

I've never bought from Hotwire... what do ya'll think?

Random thought, should I assume I will have to pay for parking in the MIA area? We are renting a car.

What I know about Hotwire is that the rooms can be gone in a flash - I think they release a certain number only. We got the Renaissance on 17th St in FLL for $112 in March. The rack rate was about $379. The moral to my story is if you feel it's a good deal jump on it as it may be gone in the morning. All credit for our deal goes to CC members who mentioned it here!

mollysnne:)

Archived