Jewel of the seas?

putte

Hello

I´m from Sweden and I´m a huge cruise ship fan. I have never been on a real cruise if you don’t count mini cruises between Sweden-Finland in Scandinavia. But this summer I will try my wings on a real cruise. I will cruise with Jewel of the seas. Has anybody in here cruised with her?

What`s the best with her and not so bad?

Has anyone cruised with her in bad weather? Does she go well in high waves.

Yesterday I found some really nice pictures of Jewel of the seas when she visited Stockholm last year.

At www.shipimage.com can you find nice pictures of cruise ships in the Gallery/cruise ship section. I little help on the way, if you double click the pictures they get bigger. They do update often and I heard that more pictures of Jewel is on it`s way.

The Jewel is a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew! We sailed on her in November/December and she is now our favorite ship. She rides well in rough water, although there is only so much they can do, and in some big Atlantic swells her movement made a lot of passengers and crew seasick. The waves weren't that high, but the swell was very strong, at least that's how it was explained to us.

We enjoyed the food, thought it was very good, the service was excellent, and the staff and crew were, for the most part, excellent. There are going to be issues with any cruise, I think, but we had very few of them on the Jewel.

We will also be sailing the Baltics/Scandinavia itinerary oin July 12. If that is when you are sailing, please join our Roll Call and meet some of your fellow passengers! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338064

We sailed the Jewel last year and have sailed two voyager class ships. She is a beauty! Big enough but not too big....and so much glass you can see the ocean from everywhere.

We are sailing the Liberty this year...well because we have to experience that. But I would love to go back to the Jewel.

You will love everything about that ship.

Have a wonderful time.

Archived