? about dining assignment on Carnival?

Sandi149

Hi folks,

I know that you can't guarantee which seating you have when you book your cruise but I was wondering how does Carnival decide who you sit with? Do they go by age, where you are from, etc? Hubby and I requested late seating. Hopefully we get it.

So how do they decide?

I'm not sure how they do seating. My last cruise on the Valor was with my best friend. She and I were both 22 at the time and ended up at a table for 8 with just a Father (60s)/Son (Late 20s) and then later in the week they added at mother (45)/daughter (12). We had a nice time at dinner, but definatly were put with random people.

We did get the late seating we requested.

I'm not sure how they do seating. My last cruise on the Valor was with my best friend. She and I were both 22 at the time and ended up at a table for 8 with just a Father (60s)/Son (Late 20s) and then later in the week they added at mother (45)/daughter (12). We had a nice time at dinner, but definatly were put with random people.

We did get the late seating we requested.

On our first cruise, we were at a table for six - two young, newly married couples who didn't know each other, and us - in our mid 40's. We were all from MN, so I suppose they did that on purpose - but the age difference was quite a spread. They were nice couples, so we did have a good time though.

I usually cruise solo, and I've found myself at large tables (which I love) of mostly singles or couples, pretty close to my own age. It's almost always been a nice mix.

My last name is Italian, and once was seated w/a family of Spanish descent. They spoke no English - what an interesting cruise. We formed our own sign language, as my college Spanish has long ago left my brain. I think whomever did the table selection thought my name was also Spanish...?

MANY moons ago - in my earlier years of cruising.... There was a place on the information card you turned in before the cruise for your 'occupation'. I think they, at that time, selected folks of the same general professional interest.

My cruise was myself (24) boyfriend (turned 23 on the cruise) and roommate (21). We were from Georgia We were seated with two females older than us (40's) from Florida and a father/son.. the son was 16 or 17, the father looked in his 20's but of course HAD to be a good deal older than that. They only showed up the first night and I didn't get where they were from. The eighth table slot was either never filled or someone never showed up. I think we were the 'leftover' table because we had absolutely nothing in common on paper!

On our 3 previous cruises, we have been at a table for 8 (like it best). Our tablemates were all around our age (mid 50s) Only one pair was not a past cruiser, but liked the assistance we all gave to them about the cruise. We hope the Jan. cruise we are going on will have the same mix. We really enjoyed the company at dinner every night.

This will be our first carnival cruise but all our past cruises we have been at larger tables. We always choose the early seating and find we are always seated with older folks because we have no kids. We love this mix and enjoy learning from those that have cruise much more than us!

On my last cruise we got seated at the "Canadian Table":D Me and my gf from Ottawa, seated w/2 ladies from Montreal, another young lady and her aunt from Toronto - and 1 guy - first cruise going solo - Mike from Chicago (with his canadian harem?:p ). We had one seat open and 'adopted' another solo male cruiser who was not enjoying his table - and at least then Mike would not be the only man!

Had requested 8 pm - but got 8:30 - just a bit rushed getting to the shows - but we had a GREAT table and were always joking, laughing and the last ones to leave the dining room!

Looking forward to my next 'dining experience' on the Liberty!

Froufie

We are a group of 7 with a 70 year age differential, I can imagine that it will be difficult (or easy, depending on how you look at it) to 'fill' any empty seats at our table. With the 2 different early and 2 different late seatings, do they apply to the 2 different dining rooms? Anyone know which dining room on the Glory has the early-early seating?

Archived