recent Sensation Cruisers....

Hii.... We are cruising in Oct. I have 2 other couples going with me. One is wanting to know what is provided in the room as of toiletries. shampoo, hairdryer, bath stuff, etc. can someone who has been recent tell me what all was in the bathroom? Thanks,

Susan

Hi, in the shower there is shampoo and liquid soap dispenser. There is a little basket of goodies by the sink with razors, shampoo and creme rinse packets, oil of olay,flossers, tums and sometimes tylenol pm.

No blow dryers so bring your own.

Hope this helps!

Don't eat the food from the bathroom :p Sorry, had to do it...

The food on the Sensation was really yummy... the dining room was wonderful and each night we had something we truly enjoyed. The 24 hour pizza station is divine! Especially at about 3AM :D The room service is ok, the BLT's and the Roast Beef Sandwich are both good... the burgers and fries on the lido at lunch are great as well... enjoy, we loved the sensation and can't wait to be there again from NOLA in October :D

Kathy, that was taking in a little "mall" type area at the dock in Cozumel... it was near Fat Tuesdays... We paid a guy $5, he took 3 pics of us with his birds... Hopefully he will still be there! Enjoy the Sensation, if you enjoy it half as much as we did, you will have a great time!!!!!!!!

Bathrooms have shampoo and body wash--but tell your friend to take their own shampoo. I can literally use ANY shampoo on my hair and have it stay healthy.....used the shampoo on the ship ONE time and it left my hair soooooo dry it felt like straw. And for the record, I hadn't gone swimming or done anything else different--just used that dang shampoo.

The body wash seemed harmless, but wasn't a scent that I'd choose so I didn't use it.

The basket of goodies WAS handy though--especially the Rolaids. Too much heavy food; DH and I went through the whole two rolls! But the good side of that is that the food was absolutely delicious!

Have fun! We really enjoyed the Sensation so take good care of her!

we just got off the sensation (again) 3 weeks ago. I agree, bring your own shampoo, heck I bring my own shower gel too lol. The guy with the birds is still there. Order the brownies from room service every morning (around 3 or so) with your BLT's because they now have 2 different kinds of brownies and it's always a surprise lol. We also bring a small fan....seems to cut out all that noise from those people that seem to want to get up before noon.....geesh LMAO. Have a great cruise!!!!

cheryl

we just got off the sensation (again) 3 weeks ago. I agree, bring your own shampoo, heck I bring my own shower gel too lol. The guy with the birds is still there. Order the brownies from room service every morning (around 3 or so) with your BLT's because they now have 2 different kinds of brownies and it's always a surprise lol. We also bring a small fan....seems to cut out all that noise from those people that seem to want to get up before noon.....geesh LMAO. Have a great cruise!!!!

cheryl

Hey Cheryl, the fan is a great idea. Are there outlets near the bed or did you do a battery one?

It was your garden variety fan (Walmart has loads of these - small hard black plastic encased - appx 10" blade (?)... -- suitable for packing in a large suitcase).

There is ONLY ONE outlet for 120v in the cabin :( .. so take a power strip. We usually take a splitter (all 3 prong capable) and and extension cord with another 2-3 plug-ins on the end.... all of this thanks to a camera charger, digital clock/alarm, laptop, hairdryer, fan, speaker system... you get the picture:D

As far as others reading this, please do not lecture me regarding overtaxing the electric capabilities of the stateroom... trust me, if I draw too much, it will trip a breaker!

Tom

It was your garden variety fan (Walmart has loads of these - small hard black plastic encased - appx 10" blade (?)... -- suitable for packing in a large suitcase).

There is ONLY ONE outlet for 120v in the cabin :( .. so take a power strip. We usually take a splitter (all 3 prong capable) and and extension cord with another 2-3 plug-ins on the end.... all of this thanks to a camera charger, digital clock/alarm, laptop, hairdryer, fan, speaker system... you get the picture:D

As far as others reading this, please do not lecture me regarding overtaxing the electric capabilities of the stateroom... trust me, if I draw too much, it will trip a breaker!

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Just where is this one precious outlet located in the cabin?

Thanks,

Thanks for the tips on where to find the birds and about the fan for "background noise". I was prepared for that as my travel alarm clock has a sound machine on it complete with - aaahhh - the sound of ocean waves - how appropriate!

Kathy

Hi, in the shower there is shampoo and liquid soap dispenser. There is a little basket of goodies by the sink with razors, shampoo and creme rinse packets, oil of olay,flossers, tums and sometimes tylenol pm.

No blow dryers so bring your own.

Hope this helps!

Just returned from the Sensation yesterday and we had the same amenities as ilovedoxies, except no Tylenol PM. We did, however, have a small toothpaste in our basket and a small hand lotion. We also had 2 small rolls of Rolaids instead of Tums, but same idea. The shampoo and creme rinse in our basic were Physique volume building. Have never used that brand before but I brought the samples home with me to try at some point. Also the Oil of Olay isn't just the basic stuff, it's a sample of the Regenerist. Definitely try it if you've never used it before! I love it because it's very nongreasy.

One additional thought...

(in the interest of COMFORT)

If you are particular about the brand/type of toilet paper you use, you may

want to consider bringing some of your own along... while the type Carnival provides "does the job", we tend to prefer something a little more SOFT...:D

Tom

Archived