Seating Request

poohtaz

We are sailing in 11 days on Mercury and have requested a table for 2 and we are in a Sky Suite, my question is; who do we speak to regarding where in the dining room we would like to sit, our butler? and when do we speak to someone?

Have read that tables for 2 get shoved in corners and I would really not care for that. Thank you for any and all imput.;)

We are sailing in 11 days on Mercury and have requested a table for 2 and we are in a Sky Suite, my question is; who do we speak to regarding where in the dining room we would like to sit, our butler? and when do we speak to someone?

Have read that tables for 2 get shoved in corners and I would really not care for that. Thank you for any and all imput.;)

It certainly wouldn't hurt to mention it to your butler. You can also speak to the Maitre d' who is usually available outside the dining room in the afternoon after you board the ship. We have requested a table for two on all three of our Celebrity cruises and have yet to secure one. Maybe now that we're at the "Elite" loyalty level we will have better success. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

If having a table for two is important to you, I would head right for the dining room upon boarding to see what table you've been assigned. If it is not to your liking, talk to the dining staff and if the ship is not at capacity. They should be able to accomadate you. I've done this a few times and make a point of checking my table as the first thing I do when I board.

I agree with the previous posts about checking where your table is located as soon as you board. We always get a table for two and have had one the last 10 cruises. We love sitting on the 5th floor by the piano and our travel agent sends a fax about a month for and the last 5 cruises we have had the same area. I think we just get lucky but it is so nice and makes it feel like it is our special area. :)

Tamara

Has anyone ever requested dining tablers for larger groups and how successful was the request?

We have always had a table for 8 or 10 but this next cruise we are a group of 12 and I wonder if he dining room can accomodate such a large group and how wouwld it be done? We have had 10 to a round table so I worry that our party this year will have to be divided for dinner.

Thank you

To The Mommy,

If you have your travel agent link all your other guests reservation number together you will sit together. And yes, they do have tables for 12.

Make sure when you get on the ship after you receive your table number head down to the dining room and see if they accommodated you, if not they will take care of it.

Hubby and I also like a table for 2. On a few cruises, we requested a table for two and got a table for 4 with just us. That was fine.

On my cruise last April we did get an actual table for 2 and it was fine, but we were out in the aisle. I didn't mind, but I found I ducked a few times when the server came by with the large trays of food.

I just came off a cruise on the Summit and I asked my waiter if he knew of any nice tables for two and he gave me table numbers. I emailed my TA and requested one of these tables for my upcoming cruise on the Summit. She told me she requested it with Celebrity but couldn't guarantee it. I told her I understood. I know they make the table schedules up about a month before sailing date.

When I get on the ship I will check where my table is. I always do this anyway.

It will be interesting if Celebrity will accommodate me since I'm now an Elite member and I'll be in a Celebrity Suite. I'm sure the status and what type of cabin you are in could make a difference. I'll find out in May.

Call this number now: 1-800-242-6374 Press 2 for Celebrity Dining Consultant. Request a table for 2 (not guaranteed). Ask them to tell you locations of these tables. I haven't sailed on Mercury so I don't know those.

Have a great cruise.

Cathy

Thank you so much. I did make the request with the travel agent but I was pleased to hear that you know that there are tables for 12. We intend to pop along to the dining room as soon as we board.

Once again many thanks

Gail

Archived