Miami Hotel In December ~ Priceline or Holiday Inn?

Just curious if anyone has used priceline for an upcoming cruise in the December 04 time frame yet and if so what hotels and prices. I checked on biddingfortravel.com and didn't see any downtown hotels for december listed on there yet. I know most people don't post on there, so thought I would ask here. We got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay last Dec for $35 bucks about this time of year. Wouldn't mind getting the same hotel.

I also have a couple of questions about the Holiday Inn:

I have also saw nice things about the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. Is parking a problem there? I saw they only have 40 spots but said that there is other parking in the area. About what would it cost to park around there and do you feel safe doing it? My parents just bought a new Tahoe and I don't know how comfortable my Dad is going to be parking in a lot besides a Hotel one. I know the Sheraton charged for parking too, but I saw their lot and it was basicly empty last year, so I didn't figure it would be a problem there.

Also, would a double room at that Holiday Inn have enough room for 4 adults and a 4 year old. I see they say 4 people per room, but figured my 4 year old wouldn't take up much space, she is a tiny little thing. She would sleep on a couch or even with us if need be.

Thanks!

We are booked with the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami across from Bayside, I booked direct with their website. I had a coupon for a discounted rate and it was a good deal, it pays to be a member for points. Our cruise is just 3 girls and I feel comfortable being able to walk to/from Bayside.

If you look at thier web site, ichotelsgroup.com it states that a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed can accomadate 5 persons max.

Hope this helps......have fun!

Thanks guys. I had done a search for rooms on the Holiday Inn website, but they say nothing is available for 5 people for the dates we are looking at. Maybe something is going on in that area that weekend. There were some 2 double bed rooms that came up when I did a search for just 4 adults.

We loved going to bayside last year. Never felt unsafe at anytime we were in Miami and thought it would be nice to be right accross the street. I know parking is at a premium in Miami, and don't know what to expect. Last year we flew in and took taxis everywhere.

Anyone else with info?

Thanks again!

We got Radisson Miami Downtown for the equivalent of $35 on Priceline. I emailed the hotel to request 2 beds (as there are 3 adults travelling) and got a nice reply agreeing to this

Another vote for Priceline - not for December, but I got the Hyatt Regency (3* hotel on priceline in Miami Downtown area) over Labor Day weekend for $57 for one night (taxes, fees, etc. all included). My first bid of $35 was rejected, but the next one ($40 or so) was accepted. The only thing, as probably told before, is you dont knwo the hotel before your bid is accepted.

Frank

Thanks everyone for the info. I used priceline last year when we cruised and was very happy with what we got. The Sheraton Biscayne for $35. I was just curious what peoples current bids for this December was since I haven't seen many reported yet on biddingfortravel.

Thanks again!

Heather

Archived