Looking at Pearl - Help Please

CrusinAgain

We are considering the Pearl to the Southern Caribbean this year and wanted to know as much as you can tell us about this ship:

For example:

1) entertainment

2) movie theater?

3) tv's in room - flat screen or 13-inch or what?

4) freestyle dining?

5) beverages (such as ice tea, punch, lemonade - free?)

6) self-serve laundry?

Our choices are Carnival's Miracle and NCL's Pearl and the Pearl definitely has the better itinerary.

Thanks so much - sometimes the search doesn't come up with all the answers and I'm on dial-up.

We did a one-night on the Pearl and it is a very beautiful ship. Most of our entertainment time was spent listening to the pianist. You will want to check out the action at Bliss, the disco with bowling alley. Don't remember a movie theater; TVs were flat screen.

Lots of freestyle dining; we enjoyed the Winter Palace? dining room but didn't get to try the others. If you like freestyle, why not take the newest ship!

The main difference between the two ships is going to be the Freestyle dining. Other than that, pick the itin. that you like.

To learn more about these ships, you might want to scan through postings to read some reviews. The Jewel is almost identical and you can read the reviews over in the review section.

Some might say entertainment is better on one than the other. Basically cruise type stuff.

yes, they show movies

Yes, there is a tv - can not imagine if flat screen or regular really makes any difference. Actually, I have yet to figure out all the excitement over a flat screen tv as far as viewing. A picture is a picture. Only variance is HD, which you will not get on a ship or in a hotel room.

Actually, search is only a partial help. Scanning through the postings from the past week, and reading the ship reviews will give you much more.

We are considering the Pearl to the Southern Caribbean this year and wanted to know as much as you can tell us about this ship:

For example:

1) entertainment.....Good

2) movie theater? NONE

3) tv's in room - flat screen or 13-inch or what? Flat Screen

4) freestyle dining? Whatever Whenever is the new concept...not much if any restrictions on what yu wear to dinner

5) beverages (such as ice tea, punch, lemonade - free?) yeah , no punch buy the soft drink package saves u going to the Garden cafe all the time

6) self-serve laundry? yes deck 10 starboard side

Our choices are Carnival's Miracle and NCL's Pearl and the Pearl definitely has the better itinerary.

Thanks so much - sometimes the search doesn't come up with all the answers and I'm on dial-up.

The Pearl is also a better ship

Thanks for those of you helping me here to decide.

Is it true that there are coffeemakers in each cabin?

It really doesn't matter if the TV is flat screen or whatever, I just had seen it on some HAL ships and it was in my mind.

Also, closet space? Thinking about ocean view or balcony room. Have no idea where to start.

Archived